The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC free address

Hi,

I'm writing some freeware "glass cockpit" application for the "home cockpit building world".

Since I would give my applications the chance to interface with IOCards (http://www.opencockpits.com) or FSBUS (http://www.fsbus.de) I wonder if there are some FSUIPC offsets not used by any other application or, generally speaking, if there is a range of offsets that are not used by FS200x so that they can be used for my purpose.

With "FS-Interrogate" I verified that there is a "gap" from the offset 0x4001(hex) to 0x527F (hex) that seems to be unused from FS200x.

Is that so?

Thank you, regards.

Bob

I wonder if there are some FSUIPC offsets not used by any other application or, generally speaking, if there is a range of offsets that are not used by FS200x so that they can be used for my purpose.

Did you look into the FSUIPC SDK? Check the table in the programmer's documentation.

With "FS-Interrogate" I verified that there is a "gap" from the offset 0x4001(hex) to 0x527F (hex) that seems to be unused from FS200x.

Is that so?

No. All that area is allocated and used by one application or another. Why use FSInterrogate for that when it is all documented? What you'll find that way depends on what applications you are using, and you cannot possibly use all that exist at the same time! ;-)

If you want offsets not used by any other application you need to work out how much you need (please be economical -- do not, for instance, use a 32-bit DWORD as a single 'switch' when it can accommodate 32), then apply for an allocation. That is the only way I can ensure no clashes. Write to me at petedowson@btconnect.com. If your email doesn't arrive within the next 12 hours it will await my return from holiday on the 14th May.

Regards,

Pete

Thank you for your quick reply.

Well, actually I don't know, at the moment, how many offsets I need since my applications are not yet completed.

I was considering a future development to integrate my "glass cockpit instruments" with the interfaces for the cockpit building (FSBUS or IOCards) to permit the user to implement (via SIOC for IOCards or CCC for FSBUS) some functions that are not currently supported by FS2004.

I think the "reserved" offsets I need might be 10 (maybe less), anyway I will let you know it when the applications will be finished.

Best regards and...enjoy your holidays ! :wink:

Bob

T

I think the "reserved" offsets I need might be 10 (maybe less), anyway I will let you know it when the applications will be finished.

Well, round it up to a multiple of 16 at least ;-) When I said to be economical I didn't mean you had to be really stingy! ;-)

Regards

Pete