The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Multiplayer smoke aplication

Hello Peter.

I am attempting to write my first program in C++ to interface with FSUIPC. I intend to create a peer to peer server using directplay and get the smoke enable 05D8 from FSUIPC and send it to all players on the network thereby enabling all players to see each others smoke effects. I have tried IBNETPLAYER but it doesnt work through routers or firewalls very well.(At all!). I am new to programming and wondered if you thought this is a practical aplication of FSUIPC. I have looked through the FSUIPC SDK and the directplay SDK and will use the simplepeer sample as a basis for the project.

Your thoughts will be greatly appretiated.

Cheers

Tim

I am attempting to write my first program in C++ to interface with FSUIPC. I intend to create a peer to peer server using directplay and get the smoke enable 05D8 from FSUIPC and send it to all players on the network thereby enabling all players to see each others smoke effects.

Hmmm. Interesting. I really know nothing about Multiplayer -- nor even smoke. Have you checked that offset to see if it works locally first? Otherwise you may need to use one of the SMOKE controls.

if you thought this is a practical aplication of FSUIPC.

Well, it doesn't seem to provide a great deal for FSUIPC to do -- you could send the SMOKE controls direct to FS in any case. And FSUIPC really has nothing to do with Multiplayer at all. If I were you I'd concentrate on solving the MP side of things and not worry about the actual smoke enabling part until that's sorted.

Regards,

Pete