The simFlight Network Forums

64 button FSUIPC support

Pete,

I have just home-built an EPIC type interface board as per instructions on the following site :

http://www.mindaugas.com

It works well and provides a really cheap alternative to EPIC boards.

However, I have noticed that FSUIPC only recognises 32 of the 64 available buttons, presumably because Windows itself only sees 32 buttons.

Is there a way to get FSUIPC to see the "missing" buttons ?

If not, do you intend to support the MJoy16 interface board in future versions of FSUIPC.

Many thanks

David

However, I have noticed that FSUIPC only recognises 32 of the 64 available buttons, presumably because Windows itself only sees 32 buttons.

To be more precise, the Windows joystick API supports only 32 buttons, 6 axes and 1 POV, per joystick. devices like the EPIC get around this by simulating uo to 16 joysticks.

Is there a way to get FSUIPC to see the "missing" buttons ?

No. It would need to be re-written to use DirectInput. Sorry, I'm not going there.

If not, do you intend to support the MJoy16 interface board in future versions of FSUIPC.

I don't know. I will have enough on my plate with supporting the next version of FSX. Please ask again in a year or so. ;-)

Regards,

Pete

David, I too built this mjoy16 (along time ago) and still use it today. In fact I have just added another 8 switches last night.

The only way around this limitation is to use the program "mjoy mapper" that Mindaugas wrote. Its available from his site, or you can email me and I'll send it to you. There are probably other joy to key softwares around, but this one was designed especially for MJOY16. In fact I helped him with the testing of it. If anyone is in contact with MeanDog, I would like to chat to him again, as its been a long time since we caught up.

But, it would be great to use all buttons directly to FSUIPC, as it would be much simpler to setup. Alas, MS dont like more than 32 buttons, so we have to live with this method.

Jon