The simFlight Network Forums

Writing to FSUIPC from .gau

I write gauges in c++ with VS, and just downloaded the FSUIPC SDK and had a look. I don't see anywhere any sample code on how to read/write vars.

Am I just going to have to read the .h's? Or did I miss something in the docs?

Patrick

I write gauges in c++ with VS, and just downloaded the FSUIPC SDK and had a look. I don't see anywhere any sample code on how to read/write vars.

First you need to use the "module users" library, with FSUIPC_Open2 instead of FSUIPC_Open. Please see the ZIP inside the main SDK ZIP.

The rest is identical to using FSUIPC for an external C++ program.

Regards,

Pete

Yes, I read that part, and put the .lib in my \lib directory.

I also read that I need to use that function, but where is info on what functions are available and their prototypes and documentation?

I am pretty sure that I looked through things pretty well.

Sorry, I've been working 20 hour days, and even my own .cpp code is starting to look strange.

Patrick

I also read that I need to use that function, but where is info on what functions are available and their prototypes and documentation?

First you start with the SDK's "ReadMe.Txt" file. that points you to all the other things. The details and examples for C (which is a subset of C++) are in the C Zip.

You open the C ZIP and find the "ReadThis.txt" file. This covers everything, but you can also look at the example code and headers, of course. The only difference for the internal user is the Open2, where you supply the buffer memory for the data blocks. That's all.

It does say this in the Text files.

Regards,

Pete

Thanks Pete. I think I must have been too tired to look at that last night, but I couldn't help it, I was excited about what I could do with it.

Take care, and after I experiment, if I have more questions after doing my homework, I'll post.

Patrick