The simFlight Network Forums

Please Help, Access to an Unregistered copy of FSUIPC

I just started up FS9 and ran the "BeBack" program. I inserted an alert for 5 NM and it gave me this error message:

"One or more programs you are using is not accredited for access to an unregistered copy of FSUIPC. Please see the FSUIPC.LOG for details."

What should I do? What went wrong?

I just started up FS9 and ran the "BeBack" program. I inserted an alert for 5 NM and it gave me this error message:

"One or more programs you are using is not accredited for access to an unregistered copy of FSUIPC. Please see the FSUIPC.LOG for details."

What should I do? What went wrong?

Never heard of "BeBack". Any more details please?

Seems it wants to use FSUIPC and doesn't have a license. You can buy a key for FSUIPC yourself if you like. Check the log, though, to be sure which program it is -- as the message does clearly suggest.

Regards

Pete

"Be Back" is a program that pauses FS9 once a certain number of Nautical Miles has been reached. It's really good on long transcontinental flights when you have to step away from the computer and you dont want to miss an event (like a certain city or landing).

I looked at the log, but I honestly don't understand anything it says. :oops:

"Be Back" is a program that pauses FS9 once a certain number of Nautical Miles has been reached. It's really good on long transcontinental flights when you have to step away from the computer and you dont want to miss an event (like a certain city or landing).

I looked at the log, but I honestly don't understand anything it says. :oops:

Load up FS, run the program, get the error, close FS, then get the Log and show it to me here.

It isn't that hard. Somewhere in the Log it will identify the program which is trying to access it.

Have you any author details for this program? Why are expecting it to have free access to FSUIPC -- does it say it does? You haven't provided any more information in this message from the last. What is that actual program name, for instance? "BeBack.exe"?

I cannot help without information.

Have you tried asking the author from whom you obtained or purchased this program? Folks really need to support their own programs, I can't know and do everything I'm afraid.

Regards

Pete

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.65 by Pete Dowson *********

Running inside FS2004 (FS9.1 CONTROLS.DLL, FS9.1 WEATHER.DLL)

User Name=""

User Addr=""

FSUIPC not user registered

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

Module base=61000000

ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, FS2KMAIN=FF5E

WeatherOptions(Orig)=0000B027[0000B027]

InitDelay: 0 seconds

WeatherReadInterval=4

LogOptions=00000001

DebugStatus=0

4297 System time = 15:04:40

4313 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\

4313 System time = 15:04:40, FS2004 time = 12:00:00 (00:00Z)

10406 FLIGHTS\Fly at ST-Maarten\B747-400 at JULIANA Airport.flt

10531 AIRCRAFT\b747_400\Boeing747-400.air

16875 Module [M1] identified = "ActiveRadar.dll"

16875 Module [M1] "ActiveRadar.dll" access registration is okay

23734 Client Application: "iwillbeback" (Id=2308)

23734 C:\Documents and Settings\AJ\Desktop\BeBack\iwillbeback.exe

27438 Illegal write attempt: offset 0262, size 2 [P2308]

27438Program or module not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

29828 ### IPC Message processed in 2390mSecs ###

43672 System time = 15:05:20, FS2004 time = 15:04:51 (19:04Z)

43672 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Memory managed: 2 Allocs, 2 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ****

That is what the log said after I did exactly as you stated, started FS, started the BeBack program, got the error, closed FS, copied the log, gave it to you.

The .exe is IWillBeBack.exe, but it is inside a folder named BeBack. It seems that I am the only one experiencing this error. That's why I was directed to this forum.

23734 Client Application: "iwillbeback" (Id=2308)

23734 C:\Documents and Settings\AJ\Desktop\BeBack\iwillbeback.exe

27438 Illegal write attempt: offset 0262, size 2 [P2308]

27438Program or module not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

Okay. The program "IWillBeBack" was allocated a freeware key back in October 2003. But it needs Version Information which appears to be missing or inaccesible in the copy you have.

Right click on the EXE and select "Properties" then "Version". The Product Name field should be "IWillBeBack", and the Company field should be "Jose Oliveira". If there's no Version data, or those fields are wrong, then the program is corrupted or it isn't the version which has been given the Key.

Really in either case your only recourse is via the Author. See if there's a later version. There is no way for FSUIPC to grant access without correct Version information.

You say you are the only one with this problem, so that means either you are the only one with a bad copy of the program, or all the others are using Registered installs of FSUIPC.

Regards,

Pete