The simFlight Network Forums

buttons on gameport

I do have a couple different controlers on USB interface and everything works as it should.

An additional Joystick is connected to the gameport (old MS FF) - all axis are working, but all of the buttons do not. FSUIPC (3.65) can read them, key/FS controls are assigned, but are not recognised in Flight simulator???

one more thing: is there an easy way to assign a coolie hat for viewing in FSUIPC to work exact the same way as it does when it is assigen in the FS options?

at last: thanx for FSUIPC (but i guess GUI design is not your favorit)

An additional Joystick is connected to the gameport (old MS FF) - all axis are working, but all of the buttons do not. FSUIPC (3.65) can read them, key/FS controls are assigned, but are not recognised in Flight simulator???

If FSUIPC can see the buttons and you've assigned them, then when you press them they most certainly should be sending the keys or controls to FS.

What are you actually assigning?

You can enable Button logging in the Logging page of FSUIPC, test the buttons, then look in the Log file to see what happened. Show me that if you like.

one more thing: is there an easy way to assign a coolie hat for viewing in FSUIPC to work exact the same way as it does when it is assigen in the FS options?

I don't know what a coolie hat is in terms of what FS/FSUIPC sees, but if it's a point of view control then FSUIPC should see it as 4 or 8 separate buttons (numbered 32-39). You should be able to program each separately. There's no generic POV programming in FSUIPC.

Regards,

Pete