The simFlight Network Forums

Please Help this noob

Hi my brother wants to install FSUIPC. I believe his version is 3.52. He wants to register the FSUIPC but he doesn't know how to. Both of us read the user guide and we have a couple of questions. First, we load up FS2004, and the user guide says go to the normal flight mode- which menu screen is that? (sorry for being a total noob at this) I went through all the tabs in the menu screen and didn't see "entering registration details. If someone could post a picture and point that out, that would be helpful. We also followed the instructions of press alt to bring it up if its hidden- and no that didn;t work. We also downloaded windowblinds and that didn't work either. And yes the FSUIPC.ddl is in the modules folder, and no there's no previous or older version in there. Please help.

Hi my brother wants to install FSUIPC. I believe his version is 3.52. He wants to register the FSUIPC but he doesn't know how to.

First, he should update -- that version is pretty old now. Current is 3.65.

First, we load up FS2004, and the user guide says go to the normal flight mode- which menu screen is that? (sorry for being a total noob at this)

"Normal flight mode" is what I mean by the setting FS ready for a flight, i.e. as if you are just about to fly! NOT in the initial settings menu which FS provides for you to select options for flying. Other programs can't get into that!

I went through all the tabs in the menu screen and didn't see "entering registration details.

Once you are ready to fly there's a standard type of Windows menu available in a bar across the top of the screen. If you don't see it, just press the ALT key. The left most entry is "Flights". Towards the right, probably the last, one of the entries will be "Modules". Select that, FSUIPC is in there.

We also downloaded windowblinds and that didn't work either.

Why do you want Windowblinds? That can cause all sorts of problems with FS -- I'd uninstall it if I were you!

Pete

"Normal flight mode" is what I mean by the setting FS ready for a flight, i.e. as if you are just about to fly! NOT in the initial settings menu which FS provides for you to select options for flying. Other programs can't get into that!

If its not too much trouble, can you post up a picture or something to point that out because im still rather new to FS2004 in general.

Why do you want Windowblinds? That can cause all sorts of problems with FS -- I'd uninstall it if I were you!

it was mentioned in the user guide so i thought it would work but ill uninstall it right away.

If its not too much trouble, can you post up a picture or something to point that out because im still rather new to FS2004 in general.

A picture of FS ready to fly? Duh! :-( Have you never even flown in FS yet?

Please BEFORE trying to use anything I've written, go for a flight. Follow Microsoft directions for installing and running FS and getting your aircraft in the air. If you are able to do that, then AT ANY TIME during your flight you can access the FS Menu. Just press ALT. A row of words appears at the top. That's called the 'menu'.

If you want a picture of what FS looks like when you are flying, look almost anywhere, even on the box I suspect.

it was mentioned in the user guide so i thought it would work but ill uninstall it right away.

Windowblinds was mentioned in the manual as being something which can cause problems!!! It was a warning!

Pete