The simFlight Network Forums

One problem about jerks

Hello,

I am developing 6DoF flight dynamics model of F16, and using FS2004 to visualize flying in slew mode.It works fine except that there is noticeable jerks when I switch into the Spot Mode.

But it looks smooth in cockpit View.

Any help appreciated.

Hello,

I am developing 6DoF flight dynamics model of F16, and using FS2004 to visualize flying in slew mode.It works fine except that there is noticeable jerks when I switch into the Spot Mode.

But it looks smooth in cockpit View.

Why not use cockpit mode then? Or possibly find a simpler visual model -- if there's a stutter in spot mode but not cockpit mode then I think it can only be the graphics causing that. An alternative would be to throw more processing power at it -- faster PC and video card.

You could also try using normal flight mode by with the simulation set to zero sim rate (check the FSUIPC offsets).

Pete

thanks for your reply,Pete.What I want is driving the plane in both Cockpit and spot mode.A strange point.Does Anyone have the similar problem?

Do you mean you have both windows open together? That will certainly cause FS to struggle. In my experience having a second 3D window reduces FS's performance by 60% or more!

If you don't mean that, does it still stutter with a simple visual model in spot mode? Have you tried any alternatives? It sounds simply as if in spot mode you are expecting too much of your graphics or processing system.

Pete