The simFlight Network Forums

Level-D 767 ILS Issue / Conflict with FSUIPC 3.65

Hi all,

I have exactly this issue, mentioned on the support-board of Level-D 767:

Why does the aircraft seem to "sway" a lot when it's established on the localizer during final approach?

The fsuipc.ini file (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Modules) may be corrupted. Try moving the file to an alternate location (a backup directory). FSUIPC will rebuild an fsuipc.ini file the next time you start Flight Simulator.

NEW March 15: From user Dave M http://www.leveldsim.com/forums/forum_pD=10019&am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;PN=1: "I have had similar problems with the ILS which I finally tracked down to FSUIPC joystick calibration. When I am flying the 767 I use an FSUIPC.ini file with all the joystick calibration features turned off. This certainly solved the ILS problem for me, now much more stable on ILS approach."

and from Claude Troncy: "I found the problem was due (for my config) to the dead zone in the FSUIPC joystick calibration which was too large, when I leave 512 all is perfect."

Now, when I just delete the fsuipc.ini everything works fine, BUT:

I have all my 3 Joystics (one Yoke, one Sidewinder, one Gamepad) configured via FSUIPC. Everything from the axis to the buttons is done with Pete's awesome module. I even switched off 'Use Joystick' in FS9 so only FSUIPC has access to my devices.

So just deleting the .ini is not a solution for me.

Is there any thing else I can try but deleting the .ini?

Sorry if this sounds confusing, I'm not an english native.

... from Claude Troncy: "I found the problem was due (for my config) to the dead zone in the FSUIPC joystick calibration which was too large, when I leave 512 all is perfect."

Is there any thing else I can try but deleting the .ini?

It sounds like, probably uniquely, this panel is attempting to line up the aircraft using the same controls as you would, i.e. the normal aileron axis. It is obviously expecting more sensitivity, so certainly a larger null zone or a flattened response curve could lessen its ability to exercise the control it requires.

Just adjust your aileron calibration in FSUIPC to give more sensitivity where this panel needs it -- near the centre. There's really no other way unless you can persuade the panel makers to change to using a different method (e.g. the inbuilt AP localiser tracking, or using aileron trim, or even by-passing the user control inputs and sending values direct to the SIM).

Regards,

Pete