The simFlight Network Forums

Can FSUIPC make my HOTAS Cougar, rudder pedal work properly?

Hello,

I looked at the FSUIPC manual recently wanting to configure my HOTAS Cougar and Simped rudder pedals (with toe brakes) so they will function properly in FS9. I have calibrated the two in the HOTAS program and I have noticed that the throttle will not go to 100% or above nor will the toe brakes function. Also, there is a detent on my throttle and I would like the reverse thrust to kick in when it is pulled below that point. I understand that you cannot include instructions for each hardware setup and I will try to experiment but I was wondering if FSUIPC can make the above work in FS9?

Thanks in advance.

I looked at the FSUIPC manual recently wanting to configure my HOTAS Cougar and Simped rudder pedals (with toe brakes) so they will function properly in FS9. I have calibrated the two in the HOTAS program and I have noticed that the throttle will not go to 100% or above nor will the toe brakes function. Also, there is a detent on my throttle and I would like the reverse thrust to kick in when it is pulled below that point. I understand that you cannot include instructions for each hardware setup and I will try to experiment but I was wondering if FSUIPC can make the above work in FS9?

Yes, and FSUIPC is totally independent of hardware in all the items you mention simply because its "joystick Calibrations" are NOT dealing with joysticks as such, but with the controls you assigned in FS for those joystick functions. The calibrations and modifications are done AFTER FS has read and done its thing with the joysticks.

This is another reason why there's no hardware documentation -- it really has nothing to do with hardware!

The "Axis Assignment" facilities (on the "Axes" tab) recently added to FSUIPC are a different kettle of fish, but you need none of that to do what you want.

Pete

Hi Peter,

So what you are saying is that if I assign toe brakes, throttle settings in FS9 that should do it then. FSUIPC is there to show me the values and that everything is working properly then.

Thanks,

So what you are saying is that if I assign toe brakes, throttle settings in FS9 that should do it then. FSUIPC is there to show me the values and that everything is working properly then.

No, I wan't saying that!

Naturally I'd assumed that you had actually tried using FS, otherwise why even think of FSUIPC? If you've not actually used your controls with FS yet, do that, assign the axes, test them out, don't use FSUIPC at all.

Then if it all works and you are happy, why use FSUIPC?

I'm sorry, I misunderstood entirely your original question it seems.

Regards,

Pete