The simFlight Network Forums

Throttle Sync Offset

Pete,

I'm trying to set and monitor a throttle sync situation. I can monitor 310A, but I'm having trouble constantly resetting it. I see the hotkey, but I'm having trouble reading the status. It doesn't use 310A. Is there an offset or some other way to read whether the throttle sync hotkey is set?

Thanks.

Warm regards,

David

I'm trying to set and monitor a throttle sync situation. I can monitor 310A, but I'm having trouble constantly resetting it. I see the hotkey, but I'm having trouble reading the status. It doesn't use 310A. Is there an offset or some other way to read whether the throttle sync hotkey is set?

No, no one has ever asked for such a thing. Both the Hot Key and the bit in 310A are just requests to FSUIPC to copy throttle 1 to the other throttles, ignoring their own inputs. Being a simulation thing, not a real aircraft one, I didn't think anyone would have a gauge or indicator for it!

Can you explain more about this need, please?

Regards,

Pete

Thanks, Pete, for your response.

I like to be able to switch the sync on and off. It's much easier for me to taxi straight with sync on, for example.

It's just that sometimes I forget if I left it on or off, and I thought it would be nice to have an indicator of some sort for myself.

Sometimes my need for realism takes a back seat to convenience.

If I could control (or at least monitor the status of) the hotkey with an offset, it would be great!

Thanks again.

Warm regards,

David

It's just that sometimes I forget if I left it on or off, and I thought it would be nice to have an indicator of some sort for myself.

Use a toggle switch so you can see?

I'm not sure where to put such an indicator at present. It can't go in 310A, that's a programmable control which times out in any case. I'll add it to my list of requests for now and see what I can do before the next release.

Regards,

Pete

Toggle switch is a good idea. I'm not a full-builder, so I work off of just buttons. I'd love to figure out how to use the F/O F/D switch on the Aerosoft MCP747 for that; it's the only available toggle switch I have. I actually have extra throttles on the CH Quadrant. Maybe that's adaptable.

Maybe I can simulate keypresses in pmSystems that would do it too.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Warm regards,

David