The simFlight Network Forums

Do People Try Once Then Ask Or Keep Trying While Asking??

Just been reading over these forums post again and seems people will

try once or twice to solve the problem & then wait for an answer...

It is not learning unless you find out for your self how & why it is not

doing what you want it to do??...

I may be different to others in this area but if i come across a problem,

I will spend hours & hours until i crack it... That way next time something similar comes along, I've got more of an idea & head start.....

This alone helps in learning Visual C++ 6.... (Damn MS Products)

There updates are just fixing problems that there previous updates put there.... Is why people who dont update dont have problems.... Some times...

Anyway, All i can say is it dont hurt to keep on trying... May seem like hours of work & time wasted, But if you can crack it rather then have someone tell you what todo "Copy n Paste"... Then you know your time was'nt wasted....

Have seen how much time pete spends on replying to simple post

with questions that are already answered or are documentated.

Once again,,, just my 2 cents.

May seem like hours of work & time wasted, But if you can crack it rather then have someone tell you what todo "Copy n Paste"... Then you know your time was'nt wasted....

Because we're not masochists, or because sometimes we have a conceptual misunderstanding that prevents us from solving the problem, or perhaps it's far more efficient to ask than to suffer and then create a suboptimal solution.

In my work I see a lot of people attempt to tough things out, and what they often end up with is something that barely works but it works nonetheless. It's not much better than copy and paste, since they don't know why it all works and is like "Cargo Cult" engineering.

Cheers!

Luke

Eskimo proverb:

Give a man a fish and he has a meal.

Teach a man to catch fish and he never goes hungry again.

Asking for help is nothing to be ashamed about - if you learn the skill and don't just grab a meal.