The simFlight Network Forums

Live data feed for Project Magenta Instruments!?!?

Hi,

I know this is a little bit off the topic of flight sims, but I need some help. I am working on a UAV-type aircraft that has a data system onboard. This system transmits live data back to a computer through the receiver. The software writes all data to a constantly-updating file. I'd like to use this data to feed Project Magenta displays. How can I do this?? Is there any way to have FSUIPC read from this file instead of from MSFS? I have a file showing the format of all data in this file.

Thanks for any help you can give!

hpapilot

I'd like to use this data to feed Project Magenta displays. How can I do this?? Is there any way to have FSUIPC read from this file instead of from MSFS?

No, not with FSUIPC which is intricately tied into FS. Please apply to Project Magenta support, who I think will have the answer (but it may not come cheaply!). You'd need to do some programming in any case.

Regards,

Pete

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I realized shortly after posting this, while looking back at FSUIPC, that it would not be the place to start. I've been away from the sim area for a while and had forgotten quite how the utility functioned.

Thanks again,

hpapilot