The simFlight Network Forums

Error message during FS start

Bought FSUIPC recently.

Just renamed my unregistered fsuipc.dll to fsuipc.dll.old and copied the latest fsuipc.dll into FS module's folder. Then I get the following error message:module was unable to start because FSUIPC could not be initialized. Ensure FSUIPC is properly installed and restart. :?:

Additional info:

1. Squawkbox and other programs where installed before I copied the latest fsuipc module. There is a fsuipc.log file in the FS module folder. Would this file help?

2. After loading flight simulator I see that fsuipc and widefs is still registered.

3. I did not delete the .ini file. Can it cause the problem?

What information do you need in order to help me (i.e. drwatson file, fsuipc.log)?

What else should I try?

Bought FSUIPC recently.

Just renamed my unregistered fsuipc.dll to fsuipc.dll.old and copied the latest fsuipc.dll into FS module's folder. Then I get the following error message:module was unable to start because FSUIPC could not be initialized. Ensure FSUIPC is properly installed and restart. :?:

Two questions on that already:

First, please never ever say "latest". I always need VERSION NUMBERS. Folks have been known to say "latest" but mean "the last one I saw" which turned out to be 12 months old! The version numbers are there for a purpose -- to precisely identify the version. You can get this in any of three ways:

(1) Right click on the DLL itself and select "Properties" then "Version".

(2) In FS, go to FSUIPC options (via the menu) and read it right there.

(3) After running FS, look in the Modules folder, find the FSUIPC.LOG file and look at that -- it is right there in the first line.

Second, you say you get a message " module was unable to start because FSUIPC could not be initialized", but you don't say what program or module it is that says this! It is certainly not FSUIPC. Such information must surely be shown? Otherwise some developer somewhere wants a good telling off!

There is a fsuipc.log file in the FS module folder. Would this file help?

Yes. It is an ordinary text file. Show it here.

After loading flight simulator I see that fsuipc and widefs is still registered.

Now, hold on. you said earlier "... renamed my unregistered fsuipc.dll ...". And then it magically becomes registered? That isn't possible. You are omitting something very important here aren't you?

I did not delete the .ini file. Can it cause the problem?

No.

There are only two possible causes: either you are using an old version of FSUIPC after all. (NEVER rename FSUIPC and leave it in the Modules folder. If you want to keep old copies make a subfolder "Saved" or something, or move them to your own archives). Or you have an illegal FSUIPC or WideFS key.

Regards

Pete