The simFlight Network Forums

Problem WideFS 6.7

Hello,

At first time, sorry for my bad English.

I was using FSUIPC 3.6X and WideFS 6.6X for use the Team Speak in a second PC but using a buton of the CH yoke (PC of FS) for PTT comunications. I assign F12 key of keyboard.

Now, I install fsuipc 3.7 and widefs 6.7 and now when i push the PTT buton, the team speak not active the PTT.

This is my configurations:

SERVER

[Config]

Port=8002

AutoRestart=0

AutoUpdateTime=13

MaximumBlock=4096

NoStoppedRestarts=Yes

RestartTime=10

SendTimeout=15

TCPcoalesce=No

AdvertiseService=1

ProtocolPreferred=UDP

Port2=9002

; -----------------------------------------------

[user]

ActionKeys=yes

Log=Errors+

;KeySend1=9

;KeySend2=9,1

; ===============================================

[ClientNames]

1=Compaq

CLIENT

[Config]

Port=8002

Window=32000,32000,160,34

Visible=Yes

ServerIPAddress=192.168.2.2

ButtonScanInterval=20

ClassInstance=0

NetworkTiming=5,1

PollInterval=2000

ResponseTime=18

TCPcoalesce=No

WaitForNewData=500

ApplicationDelay=0

MaxSendQ=100

Priority=3,1,2

OnMaxSendQ=Log

NewSendScanTime=50

Protocol=UDP

MailslotTiming=2000,1000

Port2=9002

; -----------------------------------------------

[user]

Log=Errors+

UseSendInput=Yes

;KeySend1=123,17,run1

;KeySend2=123,25,run1

KeySend1=123,16,run1

KeySend2=123,24,run1

run1=C:\Archivos de programa\Teamspeak2_RC2\TeamSpeak.exe

Anybody help me?

Thanks,

I was using FSUIPC 3.6X and WideFS 6.6X for use the Team Speak in a second PC but using a buton of the CH yoke (PC of FS) for PTT comunications. I assign F12 key of keyboard.

Now, I install fsuipc 3.7 and widefs 6.7 and now when i push the PTT buton, the team speak not active the PTT.

There's really been no change in that area, none at all. But what "X" in 3.6X/6.6X?

Where are you configuring the Button? There's no information in what you've provided. If in FSUIPC, you need to check the assignment. That's the main suspect surely?

"ActionKeys" hasn't been needed or used for several releases of WideFS, not just the last one. A log of the WideFS actions may be useful -- is your client actually connected? Please check the WideFS logs for both ends.

Why bother to specify the ServerIPaddr in the client.INI? I see you are using "ProtocolPreferred" in the Server, so you must be using WinXP all round. You don't need to specify a Server at all. And there's really no point in having ProtocolPreferred in the Server with "Protocol=UDP" in the client -- take the latter out too.

Regards

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I don't understand very well the English language.

If is possible, tell me the correct text that i must be to put into the .INI files.

My actual problem i s that the wideclient-FS communication lost.

I open all software (FS, wideclient, ASV6, SB3) and all good, but at few minutes the communication lost, becouse FS not recive information from ASV6 or SB3.

I close wideclient and in the FS upper line continue "1 CONNECTED". If I open wideclient again, wideclient say "waiting.....".

I close all programs, reboot 2 PC's and try again all, is possible that 1 of 5 times, all function good.

When i buy the register, i download the FSUIPC 3.67 (i think, i don¡t remember good) and WideFS 6.67 and i not have any problem.

Now, I am using the las versions and i haven't the versions 3.67 and 6.67.

Please, help me.

Anybody speak spanish?

Thanks,

I don't understand very well the English language.

Sorry, but I only speak English, C and ASM. Perhpas someone else will be able to help?

If is possible, tell me the correct text that i must be to put into the .INI files.

Normally nothing needs changing or entering at all, expecially if both systems are running Win2000 or WinXP. This is with the current version

(6.70).

I don't know or use any on-line flying software, so all of the provisions in my programs for PTTs are as requested by and tested by other people. not me.

For Roger Wilco, and Squawkbox, the only action needed is to assign your button or key to the PTT on and off control in FSUIPC. I think TeamSpeak is different and was never updated to abide by the methods used by the others, so it is presumably necessary to adopt special measures to get the correct 'keystrokes' into that program.

This is far from satisfactory. But I cannot influence other people's prtograms. I really suggest that your main source of help is likely to be on the website for the on-line flying organisation to which you belong. Don't they have a Forum?

The most I could do is refer you to the WideFS documentation, which, I think, still does describe the needs for TeamSpeak as a special case. Please see the section beginming

TeamSpeak is different. It doesn’t accept the direct messages WideClient uses for RW and AVC. But it can be made to work as follows. [Thanks are due to Lee Glover for helping work this out]

I notice that now, in this message, you have changed your story. Originally you were only saying that the PTT didn't work at all. Now it is far worse! ...

My actual problem i s that the wideclient-FS communication lost.

I open all software (FS, wideclient, ASV6, SB3) and all good, but at few minutes the communication lost, becouse FS not recive information from ASV6 or SB3.

This sounds most definitely like a Network problem. This is NOTHING like a "failure of PTT" you originaly reported. What has changed?

Please, help me.

I cannot with no information. ALL information about what is happening in WideFS is provided in the LOG files. Please show me the WideClient LOG and the WideServer LOG files.

PLEASE DO NOT MESS ABOUT WITH THE INI FILES!

Pete

Well, the problem with PTT was problems of communication between widclient and FS. Whe i wrote the old message, i didn't know that the problem was for the lost communication.

When the communication is good, the PTT work perfectly, but when the PTT not function, is becouse don´t work too the ASV6, SB3, etc....

I don't know why the communication work good but lost at few minutes a lot of times.

Thanks.

Well, the problem with PTT was problems of communication between widclient and FS. Whe i wrote the old message, i didn't know that the problem was for the lost communication.

When the communication is good, the PTT work perfectly, but when the PTT not function, is becouse don´t work too the ASV6, SB3, etc....

I don't know why the communication work good but lost at few minutes a lot of times.

As I said, let me see the logs. Something is wrong with your Network.

Pete

Is possible download from anywhere the anterior version of FSUIPC and WideFS?

No.

FSUIPC is entirely irrelevant. it has no bearing whatsoever on your Network.

In WideFS there have been no changes to the Network protocol actions in a very long time, only the addition of UDP support a few months ago.

If you aren't going to show me any logs I cannot help. If you don't want to use supported version I cannot support you. Please re-consider.

Pete

I would like to use the last version but, with this version i have problems and with the anterior version i didn't have any problems.

The only thing that a make is "copy-paste" the actuals fsuipc.dll, wideserver.dll and wideclient.exe over the anterior version.

Thanks you very much for your support and help. I hope that you can help me to solve the problem.

Thanks again.

I hope that you can help me to solve the problem.

I might be able to help, but I need to see the Logs. Why are you so reluctant to provide the information to help?

There is absolutely no point in reverting to old versions, they really will NOT make any difference if you have a Network problem. And you will never get any further help from me if you don't keep to latest versions. So, please just do yourself a big favour and help me help you.

Pete