The simFlight Network Forums

Administrator rights (wrongs)??

Hi Pete,

I'm suddenly having a strange problem what probably doesn't have anything to do with FSUIPC. About 2 months ago I added some scenery to FS but since than din't find anything interesting. Last week I started adding some new things and now FS says I must log in as an administrator and new scenery's won't be added, there is only one account on my pc and that is yours truly! Also project canaries said the same thing but still added a few things, not all I think, have very edged shore-lines, do you or anybody have experience with this kind of problem?

Michiel

Last week I started adding some new things and now FS says I must log in as an administrator and new scenery's won't be added, there is only one account on my pc and that is yours truly!

I don't know much about these things, but I think programs need you to have admin rights to be able to change the registry, or do much installing in certain places. I think even having FS in its default place (in "Program Files") can present problems unless you have Admin rights.

If you are the only user and haven't restricted your access deliberately, it sounds like something has.

Best ask over in the FS2004 forum. Katy Pluta visits there occasionally, and knows a darn sight more about these things than I.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

The problem with administrator rights solved itself, since my pc crashed :cry: but I got a whole new motherboard and dual-core pentium 4 from my pc-dealer :D . I had to install FS again. Got FSUIPC working also, only my prop-pitch doesn't work allright anymore. Values have to go up and down plus and minus 16380 I think but they only go from plus and minus 7040 at the moment, so I have only a partial pitch. What am I doing wrong?

If I use 'set' I cant get the numbers changed.

probably really a beginners question. :oops:

Greetings Michiel

Values have to go up and down plus and minus 16380 I think but they only go from plus and minus 7040 at the moment

The -7040 to +7040 are the INPUT values. You must calibrate to set the minimum and maximum positions, then FSUIPC spreads whatever you give as the input range to the range FS needs: -16384 to +16384.

What am I doing wrong? If I use 'set' I cant get the numbers changed. probably really a beginners question.

Indeed. Please follow the very simple numbered steps in the documentation. That is what it is provided for. :-(

Pete