The simFlight Network Forums

Joystick questions

Mr. Dowson - First of all thank you for this great program. FSUIPC 3.7 is greatly enhancing my flight sim experience. By using FSUIPC to calibrate and adjust my joystick inputs I've removed the right bank tendancy of my CH USB Yoke, made my CH rudder and toes brakes respond more realistically and accurately set ranges for throttle, prop and mixture with my CH Throttle quadrant.

I can even choose to use the levers mounted on the CH USB Yoke for my Cessna 206, while automatically using the throttle quadrant for my B200 and Cheyenne I.

If I wanted to incorporate the Saitek X45 joystick / throttle and new Saitek Pedals for helicopter operations, would I mess up my current configurations? Will FSUIPC identify different physical joysticks or doesn't that matter?

Also, what is the best way to apply the changes I've setup in my Cheyenne I to the other variations (Cheyenne IA, II, IIXL). The Aerosoft package contains four Cheyenne aircraft with different paints, to get them all configured the same would be alot of reworking. Or can I just copy and paste?

Thanks for your help - and this great program!

John

If I wanted to incorporate the Saitek X45 joystick / throttle and new Saitek Pedals for helicopter operations, would I mess up my current configurations? Will FSUIPC identify different physical joysticks or doesn't that matter?

If Windows sees them all, so will FSUIPC. There shouldn't be any problem, though the interface in Windows I use does limit the total number of Joystick devices to 16 (not the 128 for USB devices read via DirectInput).

Just be warned that, in FSUIPC 3.70, if you are using Aircraft-Specific joystick calibrations there is a bug in that version which messes up the loading of those from the INI file unless you set "ShortAircraftNameOk=Yes" or "ShortAircraftNameOk=Substring" in the FSUIPC.INI file -- by default it is set to "No".

I have fixed this and will upload an interim update to the Announcements above shortly, maybe even later today.

Also, what is the best way to apply the changes I've setup in my Cheyenne I to the other variations (Cheyenne IA, II, IIXL). The Aerosoft package contains four Cheyenne aircraft with different paints, to get them all configured the same would be alot of reworking. Or can I just copy and paste?

If they all contain the word "Cheyenne" then simply edit the INI file title (the bit in [] brackets) to read "Cheyenne" and set ShortAircraftNameOk=Substring. Then it'll match anything with Cheyenne in the name.

Regards

Pete