The simFlight Network Forums

Write fuel quantity

I'm looking the way to modify the fuel-quantity for several tanks in FS2004.

We are implementing the fuel flow in C. The visual representation is made with XML reading the Quantity variables, and have no problems with this, but we can't set the fuel quantity calculated in the C routines.

I read last year post with the same problem, but without solution. Do you know how to decrement fuel quantity in the tanks?.

I don't found the offsets for following variables: FUEL_QUANTITY_RIGHT, FUEL_QUANTITY_LEFT, FUEL_QUANTITY_CENTER and FUEL_QUANTITY_CENTER2.

The tanks fuel LEVEL (in percent).. make same function? ie, changing the tank level, FS change the fuel quantity automatically.. is this correct?

I don't found the offsets for following variables: FUEL_QUANTITY_RIGHT, FUEL_QUANTITY_LEFT, FUEL_QUANTITY_CENTER and FUEL_QUANTITY_CENTER2.

Those are gauge variable names, nothing to do with FSUIPC offsets.

The tanks fuel LEVEL (in percent).. make same function? ie, changing the tank level, FS change the fuel quantity automatically.. is this correct?

Yes, all the fuel management programs around, including the freeware fuel dumping gauge and pmSystems APU and fuel-switching mechanisms, operate by changing the levels in the relevant offsets -- see the ranges 0B74-0BA8 and 1244-1260. All in all there are up to 11 separate tanks you can alter. This has been the case since FS98 days, in FS2000, FS2002 and FS2004 (except for the extra tanks at 1244-1260 which were added at some stage).

Why don't you use FSInterrogate to find all this stuff out? That's what it is for. You can read values, see how they are computed, and write back values to see what happens. This is why it is provided in the SDK!

Pete