The simFlight Network Forums

Is there a freeware key for Mouse As Yoke

Hello Peter,

I finally found a copy of Richard Lovett's Mous-As-Yoke add on for FS2004. It includes an older copy of FSUIPC which according to Richard's readme file he licensed to include with his program. I managed to get the newer version of FSUIPC installed and running with my installation of FS9 but it doesn't seem to like working with the MAY addon.

Is there a registration key I need to use this program, or is FSUIPC no longer licensed to be included with this program?

I will email you a copy of the set up file so that you can take a look and see what I am talking about if you need them. The whole set up file is just over 7Mb so I can't attatch it here. The setup uses some default locations for installing FSUIPC and MAY so you might want to be careful when installing it so that it doesn't overwrite anything on your PC.

Thanks

Thom Doonan

I finally found a copy of Richard Lovett's Mous-As-Yoke add on for FS2004. It includes an older copy of FSUIPC which according to Richard's readme file he licensed to include with his program. I managed to get the newer version of FSUIPC installed and running with my installation of FS9 but it doesn't seem to like working with the MAY addon.

Er"managed to get" it installed and working? You make it sound like a difficult job? All you needed to do was copy the FSUIPC.DLL into the FS Modules folder! Was that arduous? :-(

Anyway, as far as I know Richard's code includes the proper access key and that will work fine with any version of FSUIPC. I should automatically register, you need no separate key.

I will email you a copy of the set up file so that you can take a look and see what I am talking about if you need them.

No, please do not. Take a look at the FSUIPC Log instead (in the FS Modules folder). Show it to me if you don't understand it. Make sure you close FS first please.

Regards

Pete

Pete,

Er"managed to get" it installed and working? You make it sound like a difficult job? All you needed to do was copy the FSUIPC.DLL into the FS Modules folder! Was that arduous?

It wasn't really arduous, but the version in the MAY setup was outdated for FS9 that has been patched I think.

I will look at the log file and see what it says.

Thanks

Thom