The simFlight Network Forums

Interm ver VOR Problem at PMDG

I have installed the latest interm ver because I had the problem with Specific a/c configuration with 3.70

WHat I have seen is the at PMDG B744 the VORs are not working at all. The VOR are identified at the ND but no needles and the DME is shown at 3000 miles away!!! At firt I thought is had something to do with FSINN1.2 Beta I am using to fly but reverting back to 3.53 ver all is working normaly.

Pete can you takw a look at this?

Chris

WHat I have seen is the at PMDG B744 the VORs are not working at all. The VOR are identified at the ND but no needles and the DME is shown at 3000 miles away!!! At firt I thought is had something to do with FSINN1.2 Beta I am using to fly but reverting back to 3.53 ver all is working normaly.

I wouldn't have thought this could be anything to do with FSUIPC -- surely PMDG panels get their radio data direct from FS? I would be uttelry amazed if they are using FSUIPC for this when the standard Gauges interface to FS supplies all that in the ideal form for their needs.

Can you check with PMDG please? Also try without FSINN.

Why are you reverting all the way back to 3.53 anyway? That's no help. Doesn't 3.70 itself work in this respect?

Pete

WHat I have seen is the at PMDG B744 the VORs are not working at all. The VOR are identified at the ND but no needles and the DME is shown at 3000 miles away!

I checked all of the values FSUIPC provides for both NAV1 and NAV2.

They are all okay for NAV1 (VOR1) -- nothing wrong at all.

For NAV2 (only) I have an error in the table for FS2004. The Latitude/Longitude/Altitude values and the localiser/glideslope angles aren't being filled in for the NAV2 positions. The DME distances, speeds and bearings, plus the flags, and signal strength needle values are all fine. Only the poisitions and orientations aren't being given, and that's for NAV2 only.

I'll fix that in version 3.708, probably by Monday.

Please re-check what you are seeing more thoroughly, as I am sure all of the VOR1 data is perfectly correct.

It still surprises me that PMDG gets these via FSUIPC.

Regards

Pete

I have made a test with the official 3.7 and the DME is working, tryied again the interm version and the problem was there.

Did you read my last message yet?

Anyway, please try 3.708. This only fixes the VOR2 position problem -- I cannot fix VOR1 because all of the values I am supplying are fine. I have double-checked this.

Regards

Pete

"weird programming" eh Pete? ;-)

Well, we use what we can, to simulate three radios (in fact a 747-400 has four - two ILS and two VOR), rather than the two that Microsoft allow in their code... as such, we use the MS NAV2 radio for both VOR1 and VOR2 with some clever tweaking and toggling that's going on. NAV1 is used for ILS only.

So, you understand that when the NAV2 info was bugged in your tables, it caused both VOR1 and VOR2 to work incorrectly.

Anyway - that was just a simple "FYI" - no worries now with 3.708.

"weird programming" eh Pete? ;-)

Well, we use what we can, to simulate three radios (in fact a 747-400 has four - two ILS and two VOR), rather than the two that Microsoft allow in their code... as such, we use the MS NAV2 radio for both VOR1 and VOR2 with some clever tweaking and toggling that's going on. NAV1 is used for ILS only.

Yep! I think the term "weird" applies there :wink: Clever, but weird too! :)

Thanks for the explanation!

Pete

I now believe both the v3.707 and still in the 3.708 have issus wit the PMDG FMC and the radios. While using these betas, the PMDG FMC will not tansition from LNAV to ILS guidance much as it did perfectly well up and through FSUPC v3.7 final. I have posted this issue in a new thread here on Pete's forum as well as in the PMDG forum.

I now believe both the v3.707 and still in the 3.708 have issus wit the PMDG FMC and the radios. While using these betas, the PMDG FMC will not tansition from LNAV to ILS guidance much as it did perfectly well up and through FSUPC v3.7 final. I have posted this issue in a new thread here on Pete's forum as well as in the PMDG forum.

I have re-checked all the values -- according to Lefteris from PMDG (see above) they use VOR1 for ILS, and the VOR1 values are all fine.

I can do absiolutely nothing about fixing values that work. Sorry. I will look at anything giving PMDG's programming problems, but someone who actually understands them well enough to explain them will need to contact me.

Pete