The simFlight Network Forums

Buttonkeys

Hi Pete

I use the buttonkeys facility in wideclient.ini for sending a button function

to FSUIPC on my FS computer.

Everything is working well so far, except that I have to push the key on the

server computer twice (2x) for sending it as button to the main computer.

Strange is that when I start FS on the server computer, the first time I push a key on the client it works with the first push, but already for the second key

that I push I have to push twice to see the button in FSUIPC on the server.

I can not find what I am doing wrong.

Many thanks for helping me

Gilles

I use the buttonkeys facility in wideclient.ini for sending a button function

to FSUIPC on my FS computer.

Everything is working well so far, except that I have to push the key on the

server computer twice (2x) for sending it as button to the main computer.

Sounds as if you have defined it as a Toggle switch, not a momemtary push button. With a toggle you push once for "on" ("press") then again for "off" ("release") -- these are separately programmable in FSUIPC's Buttons page. The "button" area in the display should change colour when "on". If you've only programmed the "press" part then the programmed action will only occur every second press -- i.e. in the "off" to "on" transition.

A momentary button sends an "on" ("press") when you push it and an "off" ("release") when you release it. Again, separately programmable if you like, but only using one touch.

If you don't understand, show me the section from your WideClient.INI file.

Pete

Thanks Pete

I think I found the mistake. I have defined the keys in wideclient as

T function. I will try it with the P function.

But I have another question.

I use an keyboard encoder card with switches connected to.

I use a lot of on-off-on switches.

I never managed to get the release button function to work when the switch is set back from on to off. That means the definition for the key press function works but the release function (on the same FSUIPC page under Key menu) does not work. I think there is something that I do not understand. It seems to me that FSUIPC does not notice when the key goes off and therefore the defined release function does not work.

Many thanks

Gilles

I never managed to get the release button function to work when the switch is set back from on to off. That means the definition for the key press function works but the release function (on the same FSUIPC page under Key menu) does not work. I think there is something that I do not understand. It seems to me that FSUIPC does not notice when the key goes off and therefore the defined release function does not work.

For FSUIPC to see a Key released it needs to see the Windows message WM_KEYUP. For every WM_KEYDOWN there must eventually be a corresponding WM_KEYUP, otherwise the key is deemed "stuck down" and becomes unusable in windows terms.

Make sure you understand what you are doing by trying programming keys on your real keyboard. If you understand that and make it work, yet still have problems with your emulator, then that emulator is evidently not emulating the keyboard properly. I'm afraid I cannot help with that, you'd need to contact the supplier.

Regards,

Pete