The simFlight Network Forums

fsflightmax.dll key

Kenny

Hello Pete, please forgive me if I have missed something in the Documentation for FSUIPC ver 3.70. It automatically detected my reg.key and tells me that I have a registered version.

However, I am now getting a Third Party error message in FS regarding fsflightmax.dll. the dll is in the [oldmodules] line in FS. I then checked the FSUIPC log file and it recognises the dll but it has not picked up the key for it.

I am still using FS2002 and the FSUIPC front window does not have the button for registering an application program, as per page 7 in the doc.

Could you please advise me how to add the key for fsflightmax. I am aware of the list of keys in your Sticky post. I have never needed to add a key before so am unsure of the procedures.

Regards...Kenny

However, I am now getting a Third Party error message in FS regarding fsflightmax.dll. the dll is in the [oldmodules] line in FS. I then checked the FSUIPC log file and it recognises the dll but it has not picked up the key for it.

The FS message is nothing to do with anything of mine -- that's a warning for FS I expect.

If you are a registered use of FSUIPC then it doesn't need a key for other applications or DLLs.

I am still using FS2002 and the FSUIPC front window does not have the button for registering an application program, as per page 7 in the doc.

Because you are registered as a user and therefore do not need ever to register any application separately.

Since you refer to Page 7 of the documentation, why not also read the bits on page 3 under the heading What you get if you pay, particularly the item about access for application programs:

Automatic access for all compatible application programs whether they are accredited or not. No access keys are required for programs to use a fully registered user copy of FSUIPC.

Regards

Pete

Hello again Pete. Thanks for the prompt reply, I appreciate it. I did not mean any offence when I refered to page 7. I was only trying a quick scan scan of the doc to find out why I was now getting the error message when I wasn't before installing the new version.

You are right of course, I am not a techie by any means and there are so many addons for FS it is hard for someone like myself to understand them all, especially when things happen unexpectedly.

I will now go back and try to figure out why FS is giving me a Third Party error message after the install of FSUIPC 3.70 when it was not before. I will go back a version and see what happens.

Regards...Kenny