The simFlight Network Forums

FS2002 and EFIS98 (from a Private Message)

When FS2002 starts I become the message: Installed Add-On not compatible with this version of Microsoft Flight Simulator.

File: EFISIPC.dll

There you have it then. It couldn't be much clearer, could it? It is telling you what is wrong.

EFIS98 was designed for FS98, and it did even work in FS2000, but it looks like the author has deliberately stopped it in FS2002 by checking the FS version.

FSUIPC.log

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.10 by Pete Dowson *********

Version 3.10?!!! The current version is 3.70. I cannot support 3.10 in any case. Please update if you want more help.

In any case there is nothing wrong with either the connection to FSUIPC or FSUIPC. Here:

92683 Client Application: "EFIS98" (Id=3908)

92683 J:\Program Files\EFIS 98\EFIS98.exe

92683 Product="EFIS Electronic Flight Instrument System 98"

92683 Company="Papa Tango"

You need a change in EFIS98 to bring it up to date for FS2002 (which is itself already 5 years old -- EFIS98 is about 8 years old now). The author never developed it further. He did work on a much more sophisticated system based on B777 autopilot and FMS operations, but that never got issued. I think you may need to seek alternatives, or go back to FS2000.

Regards

Pete