The simFlight Network Forums

Date/time issues

Have some question about the date/time prm.

(FS2004)

1)

When passing midnight, the day isn't updated. Is that a FS issue ?

2)

I'm located in Sweden, now we have daytime saving (+1h gmt),

usally stockholm is +1 gmt, but now it is +2 gmt.

When loading a airport in sweden gmt/local time has +2 time difference

(and FS seems to think helsinki/finland is +2 as well). reading zulu

offset says -120 minutes

when I change local time / zulu time with a 2 hour diffrence the time

sets is FS but if I read zulu offset I get 60 minutes. I did some test with setting this value as well but it didn't seem to work

Are "you" doing something in FSUIP modul or are all this FS issues ?

Have you any guidelines regarding setting/reading date/time ?

Best regards jens/sweden

Have some question about the date/time prm.

(FS2004)

What's "prm"?

1)

When passing midnight, the day isn't updated. Is that a FS issue ?

Midnight where? Are you talking about Zulu time or local time? The only day I know in FS is the Zulu day.

2)

I'm located in Swedenbut it didn't seem to work

It is well known. There are lots of time zone issues in FS. this is why FS Real Time is so popular -- I use it, and it works well. The downloadable Zip includes updated BGLs (scenery files) too, which correct some of the zoning errors.

Are "you" doing something in FSUIP modul or are all this FS issues ?

Er, what a cheek! Why don't you just remove FSUIPC and find out for yourself? Or read the documentation, which describes everything asbout FSUIPC -- the ONLY time-related option (which would need to be user enabled) is a seconds-level synchronisation, that is all. FSUIPC is not an application program, and in any case why should it deliberately mess up time zones and differences for you? I rather resent your implications!

Have you any guidelines regarding setting/reading date/time

Well, a suggestion: go and get FSRealTime and pay the author some money for it, for a good job! I think you'll find it on Avsim.

Pete

What's "prm"?

Parameter

It is well known. There are lots of time zone issues in FS. this is why FS Real Time is so popular -- I use it, and it works well. The downloadable Zip includes updated BGLs (scenery files) too, which correct some of the zoning errors.

Good to know, until reading and checking the time in FS and doing something with it that realy isn't that obvious.

Er, what a cheek! Why don't you just remove FSUIPC and find out for yourself? Or read the documentation, which describes everything asbout FSUIPC -- the ONLY time-related option (which would need to be user enabled) is a seconds-level synchronisation, that is all. FSUIPC is not an application program, and in any case why should it deliberately mess up time zones and differences for you? I rather resent your implications!

Sorry, didn't have any intention to offend you. Not knowing about the time issues in FS it's not that easy to know. When Zulu offset is changed is not that clear, something changed to the better (it was correct). The documentation regarding time/date leaves at least something to the imagination. Overall I think FSUIP is a great product and well documented, and I do read the documentation.

Thanks agin for FS real time tip, that mayby will do the trick.

best regards