The simFlight Network Forums

Aerosoft EuroWings Professional & FSUIPC

Guest Telly

Guest Telly

Hello Mr. Dowson,

After installing FS2002 and Aerosoft's EuroWing Professional Commuters on Windows XP (XP=eXtra Problems... :D ) Every time I select any Aerosoft aircraft from the "Create A Flight" menu, I receive a error message window from FSUIPC which has "error=5" in it. If I close the fsuipc window, and return to FS2002 which has been minimized, everythings seems to work well.

Any info would be greatly appreciated, since it's annoying!!!

-Telly

ariking@yahoo.com

Every time I select any Aerosoft aircraft from the "Create A Flight" menu, I receive a error message window from FSUIPC which has "error=5" in it.

This is NOT a message from FSUIPC. FSUIPC, once running, issues no such error messages or windows whatsoever.

It is an error in one of the gauges or other modules in the aircraft which manifests itself when there's already another FSUIPC-using aircraft or DLL installed. The error is from the library code they are wrongly using, a library which is intended for EXTERNAL programs using FSUIPC and which works perfectly well in that context.

This error basically means that the software concerned is using the WRONG interface to FSUIPC for internal users. It is a programming error which should be corrected and which therefore should be reported to the authors -- both the authors of the Eurowings product (who I think already know about it and will probably have already issued a fix) and of whichever other program you've installed that has the same error.

They could have "fixed" it by simply retrying the connection, but the method they are using is horribly inefficient in any case. And there is no excuse because the method for using FSUIPC internally has been published for many many months.

Regards,

Pete