The simFlight Network Forums

FSX remains in windows taskbar

Pete,

since i installed FSUIPC for FSX and when i put FSX in the taskbar to activate another program it won't return to full screen when i click it. In case i choose another flight while i had the FSX startup screen in the taskbar first, the FSX load window appears on top of the desktop instead on a black screen. While the loading takes ages. When i remove FSUIPC from the modules folder and restart FSX, then everything is working fine. I can go to the XP desktop and back as much as i like.

I remember i had similar problems once with a FS9 version of FSUIPC.

I hope this can be solved in the next (payware) version

Best regards,

Gerrit

since i installed FSUIPC for FSX and when i put FSX in the taskbar to activate another program it won't return to full screen when i click it. In case i choose another flight while i had the FSX startup screen in the taskbar first, the FSX load window appears on top of the desktop instead on a black screen. While the loading takes ages. When i remove FSUIPC from the modules folder and restart FSX, then everything is working fine. I can go to the XP desktop and back as much as i like.

This really isn't an FSUIPC problem at all, but it may be related to Simconnect, which FSUIPC4 (and many new add-ons as they become available) will be using. It can also occur with no add-ons installed, though possibly the Simconnect activity does exacerbate it.

It really needs attention in the FSX code. Can you please report it by email to tell_fs@microsoft.com.

I remember i had similar problems once with a FS9 version of FSUIPC.

FS2004 had many such problems, including coming back with an all black screen. Most of those were fixed by the 9.1 update Microsoft released. There was certainly nothing I did or could have done in FSUIPC and, again, it wasn't only with FSUIPC installed it happened.

I hope this can be solved in the next (payware) version

More likely and hopefully in an update sometime to FSX. But please do report it as I suggested above. Thanks,

Pete