The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Control axis in FSx

Hello,

I hope I explain the problem OK -

1. I have registered FSUIPC for FS9 and FSX

2. I use the same hardware for both - CH yoke and pedals(also have GOFLIGHT Throttle presently not interfaced)

3. I Normally use FS axis control but like the FSUIPC better

And now the problem

4. In FS9 when I use FSUIPC for the axis control (I use the simple method-left side 0f fsuipc) of the engine,mix,throttle I get the full range of deflection in say the throttle lever.

5. In FSX, when I use fsuipc to set up the engine controls in the same manner, the deflection of the levers starts about 1/2 the way up to max. This is true for throttle, mix and prop. Therefore, for the first 1/2 of the deflection, there is no control response. All controls in the FS9/FSX control setup are of course deleted. FSUIPC is the only axis control logic at the time. Tried it with my GOFLIGHT and got same result.

The main reason for my concern is that I am trying to integrate my GOFLIGHT throttle into FSX and would like to get this fixed.

I'm sure I'm missing something here but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance,

Ron Sagel

In FSX, when I use fsuipc to set up the engine controls in the same manner, the deflection of the levers starts about 1/2 the way up to max. This is true for throttle, mix and prop. Therefore, for the first 1/2 of the deflection, there is no control response. All controls in the FS9/FSX control setup are of course deleted. FSUIPC is the only axis control logic at the time. Tried it with my GOFLIGHT and got same result.

I'm afraid I can't quite picture what you mean. In FSUIPC4 you are using the Axis Assignments, right? Do you select the "Send direct ..." or "Send to FS ..." option in the Axis Assignments?

It sounds like you might be sending them to FS. If you do, it is likely that the Sensitivity and Null zone settings are robbing you of some of the claibration possibilities. You need FS set to Maximum Sensitivity (full right) and Minimum null zone (full left).

Alternatively if you select the "Direct" method you bypass FS altogether and go direct to FSUIPC Joystick Calibrations.

Regards

Pete

Hello,

Thanks for the help but:

1. I am using the FS mode in FSUIPC

2. Sensitivity is set to full - right

3. Null set to min - full left

4. This does not happen in FS9.1 - it works fine

This is no big deal but the issue remains - deflection starts at about 50% of the lever motion towards full and ends at 50% on the way back. This is true for BOTH my Yoke Levers and my GOFLIGHT throttle.

I went back to the FSX axis setup for my yoke and will try to work on it later.

Thanks and cheers,

Ron Sagel

1. I am using the FS mode in FSUIPC

2. Sensitivity is set to full - right

3. Null set to min - full left

4. This does not happen in FS9.1 - it works fine

This is no big deal but the issue remains - deflection starts at about 50% of the lever motion towards full and ends at 50% on the way back.

I can't reproduce anything like that here. Can you give me more information, please? Perhaps the Axis and Joystick calibration sections of the FSUIPC4.INI file?

The calibration in FSUIPC merely stretches whatever minimum and maximum values you "set" there to cover the whole range needed in FS. I can't understand what you are seeing. I need the figures please.

BTW did you cut and paste these sections from your FS9 FSUIPC.INI file, as suggested? This is what I did for all my controls and they all work just the same as in FS9.

If there's something wrong I'll fix it, but I need to understand it first, so please don't give up yet.

Thanks,

Pete

deflection starts at about 50% of the lever motion towards full and ends at 50% on the way back.

One more question here. This "half way" business sounds remarkably as if you are assigning the axes to "THROTTLEn_SET" controls instead if the more usual "AXIS_THROTTLEn_SET" controls. Both sets are listed in the FSUIPC4 axis assignment dropdown but they don't behave the same.

The AXIS ones only have forward thrust, the others have reverse thrust too -- your "50%" position would be the default idle. Have you tried it on a jet with reverse, to see if the reversing lever is operating when you pull back?

Nothing I've looked at here in either FSUIPC4 or FSX is different to what happened in FS9.1. It does sound very much like you are doing something different and have got controls mixed up.

Mind you, even then if you calibrated properly in FSUIPC's calibration section, it would map the existing range exactly in any case, so something is wrong in your settings somewhere.

If you haven't actually copied your FS9.1 settings using cut-and-paste I'd advise doing that, but, please, before you do so show me the FSX Axis and Joystick Calibration parts of the INI so I can see where things aren't right. In fact show your FS9 ones as well for comparison, please.

Regards

Pete