The simFlight Network Forums

Taxi Winds FSX

Hi Fellow Simmers:

I just installed the registered version of FSUIPC version 4.02.

With the FSUIPC FS9 version there was a button you could program to reduce the taxi winds to 1 knot which I found very helpful with the landings.

I do not see the same buttons in the FSX version 4.02.

Is there someway that I can reduce the winds to the same reduced speed in FSX.

Thanks for any comments and assistance.

Kenny G.

With the FSUIPC FS9 version there was a button you could program to reduce the taxi winds to 1 knot which I found very helpful with the landings.

I do not see the same buttons in the FSX version 4.02.

That's among the facilities I hope to offer when FSX's weather facilities are working correctly. As it is even the options I do provide are rather, er, unreliable or even unpredictable in their results in FSX.

I am hoping that there will be a SimConnect update with the weather access sorted out, after which I will be hard at work on making all the weather options work properly.

Regards

Pete

Tks Pete for your quick reply.

I did my first flight using your program with Active Sky and weather looked just fantastic.

The only problem I encounted was that the plane every five or 10 min. would veer sharply to the right then after several seconds would return to its orginal track.

Could this be a result of a setting which I have not set correctly in your program.

I have also posted a similar threat to Jim at Active Sky.

Tks. in advance for any assistance.

Kenny G.

The only problem I encounted was that the plane every five or 10 min. would veer sharply to the right then after several seconds would return to its orginal track.

Strange. I don't know anything with such a period. Did you check the Active Sky settings to see if that was adjusting something every 5 minutes?

Could this be a result of a setting which I have not set correctly in your program.

I don't know of any settings which would be relevant to a 5 minute cycle. What settings have you made in any case?

By all means enable FSUIPC's weather logging (in the Logging tab), and check the log to see if you can spot anything with such a cycle. Be warned, though, with Active Sky running the weather log can get quite big.

If you've enabled the option on the Miscellaneous page to change FS's own weather, I would advise you to uncheck that for now. It can have some odd effects -- I'm waiting for the FSX weather facilities to be fixed.

Regards

Pete