The simFlight Network Forums

many Apps-where to install ?

I have many Applications which uses FSUIPC/WideFS.

How many Applications can ONE WideCLIENT handle until Performance decreases ?

And how many the Server ?

for example : on the Client there are 4 Programs which swap

Data with the Server.

Better to install 2 Apps on the Server ?

What is the better way ?

Hope you can find out what i mean... :oops:

Best Regards,

Thomas

How many Applications can ONE WideCLIENT handle until Performance decreases ?

I don't know if anyone has tried to reach any limit. There's no limit built in. I suspect the main factors would be other resources on that PC that they share, like video drivers, processing, whatever. If most of them don't do much most of the time I would have thought they could be innumerable! ;-).

There may come a point where one or more of the programs are hogging the interface to WideClient and therefore making the others stall or run jerkily. I've seen that happen with the Project magenta Glass cockpit programs (PFD.EXE), but there are parameters in the INI files for those programs to make them cooperate better.

And how many the Server ?

That's totally dependent on how much free time FS is leaving you for other programs. On a dual core or X2 PC I should think you could fill up the lesser used half before impinging greatly on FS, provided none of them used the video drivers much.

for example : on the Client there are 4 Programs which swap

Data with the Server.

Better to install 2 Apps on the Server ?

Only 4? Phew, that's chicken feed! ;-) I have one client PC on which I run:

FSRealTime

SA_WXR

ActiveSky

Radar Contact

PMsystems

PMsounds

AIsmooth

and they all run fine. I have no extra programs on my FS PC.

What is the better way ?

It really does depend so much on what they do and what the PCs are. In general I would say keep them all on the client, but only trying things will really answer your questions.

Regards

Pete

You run pretty much on ONE Client.

Ah, that's just my "EXTRAS" client. There are 7 other client PCs, running:

PM MCP

PM CDU

PM RCDU

PM PFD Pilot

PM PFD CoPilot

PM PFC Eicas

Jeppesen FliteMap feeding off GPSout via WideFS and MixW.

My concern is, when i install this 2 programs on the Client , WideServer must send the Data 3times *?*

No. the same data is used by all clients wanting it. Wideclient maintains an "image" of FSUIPC's data, but only the combined total of the data reqested by the client programs.

I don´t know- how handles WideServer the sending of data ?

There is a discussion about that in the documentation for WideFs.

And if i would install this little apps o the Server, then WideServer has less to send,can relax and doesn´t influence the performance...

But then those programs are causing lots of process switching, which WideServer doesn't do AT ALL! I think you'll find WideServer is more efficient! ;-)

Regards

Pete