The simFlight Network Forums

Registration for FSUIPC

I just downloaded the latest FS9 version and went to register using the tab in FS9. The 12 dogot number is not accepted.

Do I have buy it again?

No, of course not. Why are you re-registering in any case? Have you moved to a new PC or re-installed Windows? If you are simply updating from one version 3 to another version 3 you simply copy in the new DLL, exactly as per instructions. That's it, nothing else to do, your registration stands.

If you are trying to re-register and it isn't being accepted then you are entering something wrong. All three parts MUST be absolutely identical to the original registration, as notified.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete

Thanks for the prompt reply - appreciate your time.

I am upgrading from an older version to a newer version.

I replaced the file in modules as per instructions.

I then opened FS9 and clicked the menu bar to open up your programme. The opening box states that this version is unregistered and full functionality will not be provided.

I attempted to re register using exactly the same data sent in my conformation e-mail (I used copy/paste) and it states "sorry invalid 12 character key"

I agree it should just work, but for some reason it doesn't. Thanks....Iain

Pete

I retraced my steps and in your instructions you mentioned to replace the INI file. I deleted three files from my modules folder. I have since discovered that one of the folders was the registration folder. I had kept a backup, reinstalled, and now the programme operates.

Many thanks Pete. Best.............Iain

I retraced my steps and in your instructions you mentioned to replace the INI file.

Hmmm, only if you hadn't updated your FSUIPC.DLL for "many months", it says. That "many" adjective really stretches to about 36 or so now -- the INI file has been substantially the same throughout the life of Version 3, and the program itself deletes anything which is no longer supported in any case.

The main reason for removing an earlier INI file would be if you got something like the Joystick calibrations or buttons programming in a mess and wanted to start afresh.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete. One thing you have to rememeber is that many simmers are not really computer savvy, nor have the time to devote to being computer savvy and just "fly by wire" as things occur. This is where people such as yourslef are a great help to the general community. Cheers....IAIN