The simFlight Network Forums

How to find out the keypress command with AP mouseclick?

I want to programm a hareware keypress or button to an AP command in Captain Sim's B707. It's the big pitch up/down and left/right bank knob of this old Sperrys autopilot.

The mouse-over flags just states 'autopilot pitch comman: up' etc.

There seems to be no standard way to assign an AP command to these mopuseclick actions.

I tried FSUIPC (reg.version) keypress page with all sorts of potential commands, but the knob did not move.

And I could not find a tool that lists the offset or key command going with a mouseclick in the fs panel.

So how to figure out the keycommand to send to fs which replicates the mouseclick??

Hajo

Amsterdam

I want to programm a hareware keypress or button to an AP command in Captain Sim's B707. It's the big pitch up/down and left/right bank knob of this old Sperrys autopilot.

There's no such thing built into FS, so it must be implemented by programming in the Gauge software itself.

It may be done by using the elevator and aileron trim facilities, but if it is using the standard FS A/P it would be trying to compensate. So either the whole A/P is being programmed in the Gauge software, or it is merely changing the V/S in Altitude Acquire mode (for pitch) or the Heading bug (for bank).

There seems to be no standard way to assign an AP command to these mopuseclick actions.

When panel programmers introduce non-standard (i.e. non-FS) functions, they can do it via mouse or by keyboard or (as in the PMDG panel case) both. They normally cannot do it by using FS controls, since of course the appropriate ones do not exist (these are non-FS functions). It would be possible for them to borrow otherwise unused FS controls, but I suspect they feel that mouse and keyboard support should be adequate.

If the panel supports keyboard shortcuts for those mousable operations, then you can program joystick/cockpit buttons to produce those keypresses.

If the panel does not, and only supports mouse operations for those functions then the only solution I know is to use something like Key2Mouse by Luciano Napolitano (the WidevieW author).

Regards

Pete