The simFlight Network Forums

Network problems

Evening all

I am having problems connecting my widefs computer to my fs computer. The network is fine as I can still access all my files from each computer and get on the internet from each.

I have not changed any of my settings, I am not using a firewall. Anyone have any ideas?

I am having problems connecting my widefs computer to my fs computer. The network is fine as I can still access all my files from each computer and get on the internet from each.

I have not changed any of my settings, I am not using a firewall. Anyone have any ideas?

So, it was working one day, and not the next, and you've not changed anything whatsoever? Is that right?

Assuming you aren't using a WideFS key with an expiry date (and very few such have been issued, only by Project Magenta I think), that really doesn't sound feasible. Something must surely have changed.

I'm afraid that without any information so I couldn't even hazard a guess. Basic inforamtion like version numbers of everything is missing, and I'd need to see INI files and Logs. It would also be nice to know, please, whether you are talking about FSX or FS2004, or FS2002 or ...

After you supply more information, we'll have a guess. Okay? But please do think long and hard about that "not changing anything" part. Thanks,

Pete

Pete,

I already showed you the logs on your forum. You said

"Windows is refusing to allow the client connect to the Server. That's all Windows is saying. I assume it is because it is blocked by a firewall or something. Sorry, I cannot tell from here.

Maybe it's that weird IP address? Or did you do that? If so, why? There's no need for private Network addresses -- those are local to your Network."

And yes it was working one day. I moved my computers to a different location. They don't work now. The only thing that has changed is my internet. From Road Runner to Earthlink. This is an FS2004 forum so I am using FS2004. I am using the the latest version of the non FSX FSUIPC and WideFS. 3.7 I believe.

I already showed you the logs on your forum.

In another thread? Why start another then? Have you a reference? I really cannot remember all the separate threads I respond to, you know! ;-)

This is an FS2004 forum so I am using FS2004.

No, this is not specifically an FS2004 forum. It is a forum for support of my FS modules, which run on FS98, CFS1, CFS2, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004 and FSX. There are also some programs which are separate to FS altogether. I cannot guess what you are using, and most enquiries at present are about FSX.

I am using the the latest version of the non FSX FSUIPC and WideFS. 3.7 I believe.

The latest FSUIPC3 is 3.71. What is your version of WideFS? You need to quote numbers because the "latest" just means the last ones folks bothered to download.

Are you starting a different thread because you think the answer to the same questions might thereby be different? If you want detailed answers I need detailed information. I don't know the other thread offhand, but if your logs look like they did then the answer will be the same.

You said nothing was changed but now you say:

And yes it was working one day. I moved my computers to a different location. They don't work now. The only thing that has changed is my internet.

So in fact you've changed at least two things -- moving the computers and changing your internet. It sounds very much like one of those things has changed or even broken something that was working before.

Regards

Pete

I had originally posted this in the FS2004 forum you suggested to try there because Katy Pluta might be able to help... It was then moved back to your section. The other thread is at http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=57760 it seems I have fixed the problem. Thank you

Ah! Thank you. All is explained. ;-)

Well, almost all. It is very odd that any attempt is made to connect to the internet to find your Server PC by its name! That is rather weird. It's as if the name server (on the router perhaps?) didn't know thename so went off to see if it could be matched.

Regards

Pete