The simFlight Network Forums

FS-C & FSUIPC4 problem!

I'm using FS-C for FBW for a long time with FS2004!

But when I try it with FSX & FSUIPC4, the FBW function not work anymore.

It's always display the message said:

FSUIPC Ignored Elevator value sent: ..../FSUIPC: ......

I have the FSUIPC registered, and check the ini file, with NoAxisIntercepts=No.

Any solutions?

Thanks

Andrew Cen

I'm using FS-C for FBW for a long time with FS2004!

Sorry, I've never heard of "FS-C". What is it, please?

But when I try it with FSX & FSUIPC4, the FBW function not work anymore.

It's always display the message said:

FSUIPC Ignored Elevator value sent: ..../FSUIPC: ......

I've no idea what it means by that, nor how it is trying to operate the elevator. I need more information, please. Like what IS FS-C, and some FSUIPC4 logs.

Really it would be best if the program's authors could work out what they think is wrong, and if they think it is an FSUIPC4 problem, for them to discuss it with me so that we can fix it. Really it is very difficult, if not impossible, for me to diagnose programs interfacing to other folks' products. So, with that in mind please contact them and ask them to look into it and contact me if necessary.

Meanwhile, please first ensure you are using the current version of FSUIPC4 (4.05), enable IPC read, IPC write, and Axis logging in the Logging options page, then run your test (keep it short -- only just long enough to see this error message), and then close FSX (very important to close it), ZIP up the FSUIPC4.LOG and send it to me at petedowson@btconnect.com. I'll then take a look to see if it is anything obvious.

Regards

Pete

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the logs. Unfortunately these are both contination logs, so they don't show me a lot of the information which may have been useful, like the aircraft concerned.

It is writting the elevator value okay. It looks like it expects the read-back to be the same as what is written, which it isn't in FSX. I'm not sure WHY it isn't, though. However I'm equally not sure why that program treats it as some sort of error -- you'd need to take that up with them.

What aircraft are you using for this Fly-by-Wire? Not the FSX A321 I hope? Because if you are that probably explains it -- for the first time MSFS have implemented Fly-by-Wire. You can't have your inputs passing through two FBW processes. You'd need to turn off one of them.

You may be able to turn off FSX's FBW. If not in the cockpit, in the Aircraft.cFG file.

Regards

Pete