The simFlight Network Forums

PFC cirrus 2 console & PFC ddl?

Hi Pete

Iain here again.

My PFC C2 console, jetliner yoke and pedals came in the other day. I had some hassles with my PC crashing (re-booting) when in FS9 using the console. Eventually after much trial and error, I decided to replace the PFC DDL I had downloaded from the PFC site (thinking it was the latest) with another version that came with the unit. Since I have done this the console works well.

Currently I have PFC DDL 1999.a installed and it works well. The other version from the PFC website (version 1.0) caused the crashes.

I note that there is a newer version 1999.b now out.

Pete, which one should I install?

Is there a way to transfer my preference accross if you recommend installing the newer version?

Finally, removing and replacing this file - does it cause problems with your PC if you do it too often? - I mean the DDL has a driver in there somewhere

Thanks for your time. I'm having some teething problems with my new unit and once up and running should be fine!.....IAIN

Currently I have PFC DDL 1999.a installed and it works well. The other version from the PFC website (version 1.0) caused the crashes.

I have no control over their site. Version 1.0 must have been many years ago, obviously well before the C2 in any case. I assume they just put it up there when I first wrote it and forgot clean about it.

The latest "official" version is always on www/schiratti.com/dowson, but I tend to provide updates here too, in the Announcements above. Unless it specifically says its for Beta testing, the ones here will be best, always. At present the only reason the one here isn't "official" is that I've not yet updated the documentation -- so you still need the official ZIP for the Dox.

Please, do peruse the announcements above, they do tell you these things.

Pete, which one should I install?

Always the latest here, but with Dox from the Schiratti site. The only time that may not be so is when either

(a) there isn't a later one here, or

(b) the later one here explicitly says for testing this that or the other and you don't have any of that.

I am in the process of tidying some things up both for PFC.DLL and PFCFSX.DLL and then they will both be released as versions 2.00 and 4.00 respectively. That will be on the Schiratti site, but announcements here will say too.

Is there a way to transfer my preference accross if you recommend installing the newer version?

ALWAYS install new versions. It's only the DLL itself you change in any case. The INI file contains your settings, you don't need to delete or change that unless you want to start again!

Finally, removing and replacing this file - does it cause problems with your PC if you do it too often? - I mean the DDL has a driver in there somewhere

I don't know what you mean "has a driver in there"? The PFC.DLL is the FS9-and-before driver for PFC serially connected devices. Simply copy new versions into the Modules folder. You won't wear anything out!!?

Regards

Pete

I don't know what you mean "has a driver in there"? The PFC.DLL is the FS9-and-before driver for PFC serially connected devices. Simply copy new versions into the Modules folder. You won't wear anything out!!?

I now understand - anything that goes in the modules folder using the FS9 driver. I thought the PFC DDL was a driver also - my lack of computer knowledge showing here. Thanks for your time and explanation. Looking forward to the time when you finalise the latest FS9 PFC DDL......IAIN

I now understand - anything that goes in the modules folder using the FS9 driver. I thought the PFC DDL was a driver also

Er, I still there's a lot of confusion in what you are talking about. There's no file I know of by the name PFC DDL. There is a DRIVER written by me, called PFC.DLL.

In other words, the PFC driver for FS9 IS "PFC.DLL". I don't know any "DDL", and, yes, the PFC.DLL goes into the Modules folder in FS9.

Looking forward to the time when you finalise the latest FS9 PFC DDL

There's really nothing new for you to look forward to. The version 2.00 PFC.DLL will not be much different from the 1.999b available in the "Other Downloads" announcement above, except that there will be joint and slightly updated FSX + FS9 version documentation, and some minor improvements in both versions for pmSystems when using the PFC 737NG cockpit. Oh, and the FSX version (4.00) will turn off the Avionics displays when FSX is closed, which currently is a problem.

Regards

Pete

Thank you Pete.

The documentation that came with the PFC DLL I downloaded from your site has been very helpful with several problems I have been having re: calibration.

This documentation was not included in the box when I bought the consule from PFC (PFC need to lift their game a little with regard to setup, documentation & iinstallation instructions)

My mistake re; DDL - I meant DLL. Thank you......IAIN