The simFlight Network Forums

FSX FSUIPC Registration Issues

I am experiancing issues registering FSUIPC in FSX. i have purchased v4 from Simmarket. recieved the key and entered the data in the FSUIPC in FSX. it says thankyou and a confirm button shows i click confirm, it says you need to restart. i restart and go back into the menu and it still says its an unregistered version. i have download and installed the latest version listed in the sticky in the fourm.

Please Assist.

One very frustrated Buyer.

Cheers.

I am experiancing issues registering FSUIPC in FSX. i have purchased v4 from Simmarket. recieved the key and entered the data in the FSUIPC in FSX. it says thankyou and a confirm button shows i click confirm, it says you need to restart. i restart and go back into the menu and it still says its an unregistered version.

It sounds like you are not running it in Adminitstrator mode -- the Registration cannot be accomplished otherwise (as documented). Try logging out and logging in as the Administrator, or possibly using "Run As ..." (it's in the right-click menu).

There is code in the Registration section to detect whether you are running FS with sufficient privilege, and when that works it actually stops you attempting to Register and tells you why. But I've had two previous reports where this detection doesn't work, and I don't know why. The first time it happened was in a Windows Vista Beta version, but it was fixed in a later release of Vista. If you are running Windows XP I can only think it is a problem with a certain update level. I've tried to reproduce the problem here with no success at all I'm afraid.

Please let me know the results when you run FSX as Administrator.

Regards

Pete

Cheers Pete, i neglected to mention i am running Windows Vista MSDN Release Version. i did what you recommended and used the run as option to run the program as an administrator this allowed the registration to work correctly. i assume this will become a common issue once Vista is released early next year. Cheers for the assist.

Very happy with the response.

Cheers.

i neglected to mention i am running Windows Vista MSDN Release Version.

What release is that? Have they offered the 'Gold' yet?

i did what you recommended and used the run as option to run the program as an administrator this allowed the registration to work correctly. i assume this will become a common issue once Vista is released early next year.

I don't know. According to a user who has been testing things for me it was resolved on a later (Release Candidate) version of Vista, but possibly he only meant by using "Run As".

I don't actually understand why I am not detecting the problem in the first place -- it tries a "Dummy run" write to the Registry as a test, but that must succeed, otherwise you'd get the warning and the Registration buttons would be greyed out. That's what happens here on WinXP at least.

The only copy of Vista I have here is from the MSDN subscription I was given as a reward for becoming an MVP, but I see it is only Beta 2. I don't really have the time or space to install it in any case, and it doesn't seem worthwhile for such an early version.

Regards

Pete