The simFlight Network Forums

Pete, please help with PFC, FSX and rudder..

Hi Pete, I've searched the forums for someone else having the same issue as me, but it looks like I may be the only one out there. I'm flying FSX with several PFC add-ons and while the yoke and throttles are perfect, the response I'm getting with the rudder pedals while taxiing is an issue. I do have the latest FSUIPC (4.06) and PFC.DLL (4.0) and when that didn't solve the problem I thought I'd better come to you and ask for help.

When taxiing, I have maybe 5% steering effectiveness which limits me to using differential brakes and throttles to get around corners. Curiously, as my speed increases to say 40 plus knots, rudder effectiveness increases correspondingly until it's fully effective at about 80 knots. All of this is confirmed when in spot view as far as seeing the rudder barely move while at idle, then have full functionality at speed.

Pete, can you help? I think you use PFC's peripherals as well.. John

When taxiing, I have maybe 5% steering effectiveness which limits me to using differential brakes and throttles to get around corners. Curiously, as my speed increases to say 40 plus knots, rudder effectiveness increases correspondingly until it's fully effective at about 80 knots. All of this is confirmed when in spot view as far as seeing the rudder barely move while at idle, then have full functionality at speed.

It sounds like you've enabled the steering tiller but do not have or are not using the steering tiller axis (e.g. as fitted in the PFC 737NG). Your observations are precisely what will happen with a steering tiller -- you use that on the ground, but as speed increases the rudder becomes more effective instead and above around 60 knots the rudder is 100% and the tiller is 0%.

Just disable the steering tiller. Maybe you enabled it inadvertently whilst browsing?

Regards

Pete