The simFlight Network Forums

Center of gravity

Is there any variable providing the actual CoG or CoG%? I guess I can quite easily calculate it from the load and fuel parameters, but there might be an automatic way...?

Can I change the load and fuel through FSUIPC as if I would change it from the Aircraft menu? I read somewhere that it is possible, but not realy working correctly as FS is not making some necessary recalculations.

Gabor

Is there any variable providing the actual CoG or CoG%? I guess I can quite easily calculate it from the load and fuel parameters, but there might be an automatic way...?

Not something I know much about, but have you checked these offsets?

2EF8 CG percent, as a double (FLOAT64). This is probably the position of the actual CoG as a % of MAC (?)

2F10 CG_MAX_MACH

2F18 CG_MIN_MACH

Can I change the load and fuel through FSUIPC as if I would change it from the Aircraft menu? I read somewhere that it is possible, but not realy working correctly as FS is not making some necessary recalculations.

The fuel can be changed and it does have the desired effects. The payload can be changed but this has no proper effects in FS2004 until you enter the payload menu dialogue and okay it. I think in FSX that should be fixed, but I don't have confirmation at present.

Regards

Pete