The simFlight Network Forums

use of WideFS

I have 6 PC's networked and running Fs2004. Five of them are dedicated to outside views while the 6th uses four screens for control panels. I run Radar Contact 4 (RC4) and FSNav 4 on the 6th computer which is 3.0 GHz and has 1 GB ram.

My question is__Could I use WideFS to run RC4 on computer 5 which is simultaneously running FS2004's outside view but still control FC4 on computer 6?

Thanks for your help.

Scott L. Brown

Could I use WideFS to run RC4 on computer 5 which is simultaneously running FS2004's outside view but still control FC4 on computer 6?

No, WideFS links computers NOT running FS to one (the Server) that is. WideClient won't run on a computer already running FS, because it provides an interface which looks identical to FS+FSUIPC.

WideClient *can* be made to run on an FS PC, by changing a class name parameter so it doesn't clash, but then programs like Radar Contact wouldn't be able to connect to it because they'd be looking for an FSUIPC interface with the FS class name.

Regards

Pete