The simFlight Network Forums

Trim speed to fast

I have 2 joy buttons set-up as trim up and down. with the new fsuipc version, one push of the button moves the trim several whole numbers instead of a slower tenths of a number change. Sure makes it fun trying to trim the plane while flying :lol:

Er, You need to explain what you are doing! The trim controls are processed by FS, not by FSUIPC. If you've assigned them in FSUIPC they are simply passed on to FS, and operate identically to assigning them in FS (or leaving them assigned in FS).

Why are you assihning them in FSUIPC in any case, they are standard FS controls assigned in FS.

Please explain what you are doing and perhaps I may be able to help.

Pete

Pete,

I have the button presses going thru FSX assignments. But, i run the entire PM suite software and the trim readings are moving at a very high rate. If i recall, i remember reading somewhere thet there was an INI setting maybe that could adjust the 'trim rate' of movement fast or slow??

I just know that yesterday, it moved a t a more 'normal' rate. Maybe it's just me and to much time sitting in my cockpit till 2am :lol:

I have the button presses going thru FSX assignments. But, i run the entire PM suite software and the trim readings are moving at a very high rate. If i recall, i remember reading somewhere thet there was an INI setting maybe that could adjust the 'trim rate' of movement fast or slow??

FSX uses "CFG" files, not INI files, and I'm not aware of an adjustment you can make for trim rate.

I don't understand, if you are complaining about what is purely an FSX function, why you mentioned, in your first message, "... with the new fsuipc version", as the problem you have is not in any way related to FSUIPC. I know everyone blames FSUIPC for many things, but this is rather extreme when it is patently irrelevant. ;-)

You can certainly do cleverer things to give you faster or slower trim rates by programming buttons in FSUIPC. In fact this is actually shown as an example of the FSUIPC Offset increment/decrement controls in the FSUIPC User Guide (in the box on Page 24 in the FSX version).

Regards

Pete

Pete,

I think thats what i did, i must have programmed the buttons to inc and dec trim at a lower rate. When i updated fsuipc i had to update all my joy settings as you said we might have to. So, i must have forgot that i needed to use the fsuipc facilities to control that. I'm getting old i guess :cry: :lol:

When i updated fsuipc i had to update all my joy settings as you said we might have to.

Well, I think i said you need to check them, not actually delete them and start again! ;-). And I think I was clear that only applied to the recent change to AXIS assignments, which doesn't come into Button assignments -- they certainly haven't changed.

If you still have your old INI file accessible, try cutting and pasting your old [buttons] section from the old INI file into the new one.

Regards

Pete