The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG + KEYBOARD ISSUES

Hello

I recently purchased FSUIPC so I could use FSxPAND. I then had my PC cleaned up and now I cannot use certain keys on the keyboard within PMDG and whenever I start an external programme for example CPFlight MCP FS9 pauses but then I cannot release the pause. I have been told I may have to update FSUIPC. I am not sure how or if I have to do this,does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks. Alan.

Hello

I recently purchased FSUIPC so I could use FSxPAND.

Does that use FSUIPC? I'm afraid I know very little about it.

I then had my PC cleaned up and now I cannot use certain keys on the keyboard within PMDG and whenever I start an external programme for example CPFlight MCP FS9 pauses but then I cannot release the pause. I have been told I may have to update FSUIPC.

Have you programmed anything in FSUIPC? If not then I really don't see how it can have anything to do with it. If you have but you don't know what you've done, simply delete the FSUIPC.INI file from the FS Modules folder, so it reverts to defaults.

If you are not using FSUIPC 3.71 you should update in any case. Earlier versions aren't supported. Just download from the usual places, e.g. http://www.schiratti.com/dowson

Please also note that there's a lot of information in the Announcements in this forum.

Regards

Pete

Hi Alan, hi Pete!

I recently had the same problem, after installing Payware Sceneries (Cloud9 KDCA and Fly to Caribe Package). During the installation of the software, an older version of the FSUIPC.DLL was copied into the modules folder :evil: . The other fsuipc-files were left unchanged (especially the .ini).

I just re-installed the actual version of FSUIPC and the keyboard came back to life...

Hello and thanks for the replies.I have downloaded the update 3.71 but from there not too sure what to do with it.Can you advise please? Yes I am afraid I am still learning about PCs!! Thanks all.Alan.

Inside the FSUIPC.ZIP file there is a User Guide document. Read the first parts of that and it will explain. Installation of an updated FSUIPC.DLL is only a matter of putting it into your FS Modules folder. It will replace the one already there.

Pete