The simFlight Network Forums

Cannot load wether themes in fs2004

Dear Pete,

Normally I fly with Real wether in Fs2004. No problems with the wether settings in fsuipc.

Now I want to try the weather themes, e.g. Fogged in. So I must see

a foggy landscape.

No way. The Sky is rather clear. Only when I change the max visibility

in fsuipc to e.g. 1 mile I see the foggy world.

Whatever I try, I cannot use the wether themes of Fs2004.

It always be overwritten by the visibility settings of Fsuipc

alfred muehleisen

Whatever I try, I cannot use the wether themes of Fs2004.

It always be overwritten by the visibility settings of Fsuipc

Maybe you have turned on the option for FSUIPC to affect FS's own weather -- it is off by default. See the Miscellaneous option page and uncheck it.

Certain of the visibility options are visual effects rather than "weather" changes as such, so you may need to turn those off too -- or simply set them more reasonably so their effects are limiting on the extremes not where you'd reasonably expect changes. They won't change the visibility when it accords with the limits you've set.

Regards,

Pete

So I quess something in fs2004 must have been corrupted.

I have known of cases of a corrupt WX file causing problems throughout a session. If the weather file loaded as part of your default flight is corrupted it can have strange results. The fix for that is to delete the default flight, or just its weather file, before loading FS. The same effect can be had by deleting the FS9.CFG but then you have to re-establish all the option settings.

Regards

Pete