The simFlight Network Forums

FS2004 version incompatible

I have had the fully activated payware version of FSUIPC installed and running for several months when I suddenly got an error message saying that the current version of FS2004 is incompatible with FSUIPC and the sim then crashes. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I just downloaded and installed the Captain Sim Legendary 727. How do I fix this problem?

The version in my modules folder is 3.0.4.0 when I roll over it with the mouse pointer.

I have had the fully activated payware version of FSUIPC installed and running for several months when I suddenly got an error message saying that the current version of FS2004 is incompatible with FSUIPC and the sim then crashes. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I just downloaded and installed the Captain Sim Legendary 727.

Sounds like that installed a very old version of FSUIPC.DLL, losing the later one you had before. I really hate installers that do that -- you should write to them and complain!

How do I fix this problem?

Simply install the current (and only supported) version. If you browse the Announcements above now and then you will see that it is updated regularly. You can always get the latest official release from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson .

The version in my modules folder is 3.0.4.0 when I roll over it with the mouse pointer.

That is three years old and only ever worked with the original FS2004 release. You are evidently running the FS9.1 upgraded version of FS2004 which was not released until nearly a year after FSUIPC 3.040!

Regards

Pete