The simFlight Network Forums

not running

Hi pete, still trying to get fsuipc 4 to run, I have disabled firewall, I have no virus protection. ( my comp never goes on the web ). I think i have tried most everything suggested on your forum and other places. microsoft notes that the conn. is made through a network localhost/127.0.0.1 conn. do i have to doanything on this.? error shown (0x80004005) thanks.

Hi pete, still trying to get fsuipc 4 to run, I have disabled firewall, I have no virus protection. ( my comp never goes on the web ). I think i have tried most everything suggested on your forum and other places. microsoft notes that the conn. is made through a network localhost/127.0.0.1 conn. do i have to doanything on this.? error shown (0x80004005) thanks.

As far as I'm aware all the past occurrences of error 0x80004005 have been due to firewall problems. Can you tell me what firewall package it is? The default XP one is easy enough to disable or set to allow FSX free reign, but there are some third party ones which seem to need uninstalling, or possibly uninstalling then re-installing with different options.

The only other thing I know of to try is repairing SimConnect, as described in the FSX Help announcement above.

Oh, one thing: you say "my comp never goes on the web". Could that possibly mean that you have no Network software installed at all? I wonder if the components of TCP/IP needed by Simconnect just aren't installed (though I would have thought these to be default installed by WinXP in any case).

Other than that I'm afraid it's Microsoft tech support. Sorry.

Regards

Pete

pete, thanks for your reply. the firewall is the default, I have disabled it get the same result, have reinstalled simcon. 3 times, will check out the never on the web bit. Will let you know if this ever works. I think microsoft has done you and all simmers a disservice with this simconnect. Have been simming since fs98, making scenery with your fsuipc without issues. All the best for the new year.