The simFlight Network Forums

Newbie need help - virtual cockpit control

Hi,

I'm trying to use the SDK to control the user movement in virtual cockpit mode.similar to the movements TrackIR is doing in response to head movements.

I haven't seen any offset that can affect these movements.

Is it possible to do so with the SDK ?

Any help would be great.

thx in advance !

I'm trying to use the SDK to control the user movement in virtual cockpit mode.similar to the movements TrackIR is doing in response to head movements.

I haven't seen any offset that can affect these movements.

Is it possible to do so with the SDK ?

Yes. You send Panning controls via offset 3110. There's a list of controls available giving the numbers to use for each named control.

Regards

Pete

thx for the quick reply...

can you please direct me to where i can find the controls list ?

You say , i need to send Panning controls via offset 3110, not sure i understand what is panning controls.

could be im just missing something, but i need a bit more direction...

thanks again !

can you please direct me to where i can find the controls list ?

You say , i need to send Panning controls via offset 3110, not sure i understand what is panning controls.

For FSUIPC4 (FSX) there will be a list of FSX controls installed in your FSX Modules folder.

For FSUIPC3 the list is a document included in the FSUIPC.ZIP file. It is called (possibly obscurely? :-) ) "List of FS2004 Controls.pdf".

For earlier versions of FS you will find lists on http://www.schiratti.com/dowson

Panning controls are FS controls used to pan the view in VC mode. They tend to have the word "PAN" in the name. Just do a search. The AXIS controls, which will be akin to what TrackIR is using, are AXIS_PAN_HEADING, AXIS_PAN_PITCH and AXIS_PAN_TILT. Axis controls need a 32-bit parameter too, generally in the range -16384 to +16384, corresponding to the reading from a calibrated joystick.

Incremental controls include PAN_DOWN, PAN_LEFT, PAN_LEFT_DOWN etc . They don't need a parameter.

Offset 3110 is where you write the Control number, given in the Lists, offset 3114 is where you write the parameter if one is needed. They must either be written together, as 8 bytes using an array of two 32-bit values (DWORDs), or you need to write the parameter first. The incremental controls don't need a parameter.

The controls are assignable in FSUIPC's "Buttons" and "Keys" sections, so you could experiment first, see precisely what they do.

There are also some EYEPOINT_controls, all incremental (no parameters). These may also relate to what you want to do, but I'm afraid I've really no idea about those. They are relatively new (in the history of FS).

If you are only concerned with FSX then you will find the SimConnect interface offers greater direct control with actual camera settings with 6 degrees of freedom in structures. I believe the FSX version of TrackIR uses those. You would need the Deluxe version of FSX and install the Simconnect SDK. You don't need FSUIPC for that method.

That's about all I can tell you I'm afraid.

Regards

Pete

If you are only concerned with FSX then you will find the SimConnect interface offers greater direct control with actual camera settings with 6 degrees of freedom in structures. I believe the FSX version of TrackIR uses those. You would need the Deluxe version of FSX and install the Simconnect SDK. You don't need FSUIPC for that method.

Pete

SimConnect is my friend, and it is what we work through.