The simFlight Network Forums

FS2004 don't answear with FSUIPC

Hi Pete:

A strange problem are hapen in my PC...If a remove the FSUIPC.dll from the modules folder,the FS2004 start correctly...

If I put FSUIPC.dll in modules folder the FS2004 don't answear,and consequently can not enter!

My firewall is disable in antivirus panda and Windows XP!

Any resolution for this?

Thanks

Manuel Sacramento

A strange problem are hapen in my PC...If a remove the FSUIPC.dll from the modules folder,the FS2004 start correctly...

If I put FSUIPC.dll in modules folder the FS2004 don't answear,and consequently can not enter!

What does "don't answear" mean please? Can you describe what happens in rather more words?

Please also tell me the VERSION number of FSUIPC.DLL you are using -- right click on it, select Properties then Version.

Pete

When I say don't answear,the FS don't enter...the FS don't enter to the main menu..I make CTRL+ALT+DEL in my PC and the status of FS is No answear.

What screen is showing at the time? How long does the hard disk operate before it appears to hang? Is an FSUIPC.LOG file made, with the correct timestamp, in the FS Modules folder?

FSUIPC isn't actually doing anything until some time after FS loads, so I can only think you have a corrupted copy. There have never been any reports of FSUIPC managing to cause FS to hang during loading.

The version is the last version 3.71

Could you try downloading 3.715 from the "Other downloads" Announcement above and using that, please? Let me know.

If it is still the same, try running FS without FSUIPC, but switch FS to Windowed mode instead of full screen (ALT+ENTER). Then close, reinsert the FSUIPC.DLL, and run FS again. Maybe there is a Window appearing which cannot be seen in full screen mode?

After that, I would need to know what FSUIPC-using add-ons you might have. Possibly one of the Gauges in your default flight is causing a problem when it loads. To check this, again run FS without FSUIPC and select a default flight using only default aircraft, no extra gauges. Make sure it is set as default, then close FS, restore FSUIPC, and run FS again.

It may even be a couupted weather file (WX) associated with your default flight. So you could, instead, try deleting that.

You could also get the same effect as either of the above, as a test, by temporarily renaming your FS9.CFG file so that FS makes a fresh copy with default settings.

If it is still a problem, I need to know what additional DLLs are installed in the Modules folder -- maybe there is some conflict with another add-in program. But let's check the other things first.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete:

I had made the tests you had required and:

Could you try downloading 3.715 from the "Other downloads" Announcement above and using that, please? Let me know.

Download maked and the FSUIPC are used in Modules folder...Problem remain

If it is still the same, try running FS without FSUIPC, but switch FS to Windowed mode instead of full screen (ALT+ENTER). Then close, reinsert the FSUIPC.DLL, and run FS again. Maybe there is a Window appearing which cannot be seen in full screen mode?

I always running FS in Windowed mode...

After that, I would need to know what FSUIPC-using add-ons you might have. Possibly one of the Gauges in your default flight is causing a problem when it loads. To check this, again run FS without FSUIPC and select a default flight using only default aircraft, no extra gauges. Make sure it is set as default, then close FS, restore FSUIPC, and run FS again

Addons - Project Magenta

IVAP

I have only the defaults aircrafts and more one to PM...

The FS as been installed again to try this tips!

It may even be a couupted weather file (WX) associated with your default flight. So you could, instead, try deleting that.

I had try with others defaults flights and the problem remain

If it is still a problem, I need to know what additional DLLs are installed in the Modules folder -- maybe there is some conflict with another add-in program. But let's check the other things first.

Ok...before I send you the .DLLs I have in the modules folder i had try the FSUIPC 3.53 and the FS work very well...this mean something to you?

If I change to version 3.715,the FS don't load...strange no?

Thanks

The FS as been installed again to try this tips!

Eryou mean you uninstalled and re-installed FS completely? did you delete the file areas FS uninstall does not, like add-ons, flights, and so on?

I had try with others defaults flights and the problem remain

Did you load FS with them set as default, though? If the corrupt WX file is loaded by FS, and not used, it can still wreck thiings.

Best test is to delete or rename the FS9.CFG file. did you try that?

Ok...before I send you the .DLLs I have in the modules folder

Don't send me any DLLs. If you completely uninstalled FS and re-installed it, the ONLY DLLs there will be those of FS itself, and of course FSUIPC.

i had try the FSUIPC 3.53 and the FS work very well...this mean something to you?

If I change to version 3.715, the FS don't load...strange no?

Strange, yes, but it doesn't explain anything at all I'm afraid. I think I need more information. Version of Windows? Other things added?

Pete

Eryou mean you uninstalled and re-installed FS completely? did you delete the file areas FS uninstall does not, like add-ons, flights, and so on?

Yes completely remove it!

Strange, yes, but it doesn't explain anything at all I'm afraid. I think I need more information. Version of Windows? Other things added?

Windows XP profissional...version 2002 with SP2

Other things Added - a Module COM of go flight

Windows XP profissional...version 2002 with SP2

Other things Added - a Module COM of go flight

That seems okay.

I just remembered about one other user who had a problem with an old Game Port type joystick driver, which was causing FSUIPC to hang. but in his case it was only when he went into the FSUIPC "buttons" or "joystick calibrations" options.

Just in case it is related to button scanning, could you edit the FSUIPC.INI file, and add this line into the [buttons] section (add the [buttons] line as well if you have none):

PollInterval=0

Then try running FS again.

I'll keep thinking. Meanwhile, I ask again, is there an FSUIPC Log file produced at all? If so is there anything in it?

Regards

Pete