The simFlight Network Forums

Dear Pete,

I have a new freeware utility to register - now, I've noticed the sticky. Am I to understand that there is no longer any reason to obtain a key to distribute to non-registered FSUIPC users?

Correct. It was becoming too much of a hassle. With SimConnect being the MS "preferred" FS interface for the future, and that being "free" (except for new development effort of course), I saw no point in forcing key checks for FSUIPC access any more.

What is the current process?

No process needed other than you telling your users to use the most recent versions of FSUIPC -- 3.71 or later. ;-)

Regards

Pete

Pete,

I'm sorry to hear about the hassle. I, for one - am a registered FSUIPC user and have been since you made the opportunity available.

Apart from the API benefits, the product itself has greatly enriched my FS experience particularly where controller adjustment was needed.

My thanks and grattitude for your contribution to our hobby.

Kindest Regards,

Devon.

I'm sorry to hear about the hassle. I, for one - am a registered FSUIPC user and have been since you made the opportunity available.

Thank you. But I hope you are not misunderstanding me. The "hassle" was only in relation to the registration of applications -- especially the many hundreds of freeware ones.

The registration of users, in exchange for the benefits of the many extras, such as the joystick facilities you mention, has been a success and will continue.

In FSX, with Microsoft offering applications the SimConnect interface as their longer-term preferred alternative to working through FSUIPC, the prime focus for the future of FSUIPC will be in supporting and developing useful facilities for end users, rather than those for applications, in any case, so the justification for application key checking diminishes considerably.

Thanking you for your support,

Best Regards

Pete

Dear Pete:

Just wanted to post a note on your site for the benefit of your customers to say:

As a registered user of FSUIPC, I appreciate the effort you've put into maintaining and supporting it.

As one of the developers of the Delphi interface to SimConnect, I greatly appreciate your assistance and advice.

Just wanted folks to know that you're a hero in my books. Good on 'yer mate :D

Scott Hendry