The simFlight Network Forums

Need a bit of help ...

Hi,

First I would like to say I have no programming skills, so all I can do is be a copycat ...

I am trying to use the FS2004 lights separately using

offset 0D0C

0 Navgation

1 Beacon

2 Landing

3 Taxi

4 Strobes

5 Instruments

6 Recognition

7 Wing

8 Logo

9 Cabin

Now I am trying to figure out how to set it on or off, normally all the offsets I have used are in this format :

Engines#Engine 1 Anti-Ice / Carb Heat[on]=FSWrite(0x08B2, 2, 1)

Engines#Engine 1 Anti-Ice / Carb Heat[off]=FSWrite(0x08B2, 2, 0)

where 1 sets them on and 0 sets it of.

I have no clue how this should be done for the lights, any help welcome

Thanks !

Marnix

Now I am trying to figure out how to set it on or off, normally all the offsets I have used are in this format :

Engines#Engine 1 Anti-Ice / Carb Heat[on]=FSWrite(0x08B2, 2, 1)

Engines#Engine 1 Anti-Ice / Carb Heat[off]=FSWrite(0x08B2, 2, 0)

where 1 sets them on and 0 sets it of.

What language or program is that from? Have you asked the author of whatever it is you are using? I don't recognise it at all. Sorry.

I would assume that the parameters inside the () are the offset (0x0D0C for lights), the size (2 for 2 bytes, or 2 x 8 = 16 bits), and then the value to be written.

Unfortunately all the lights are represented by separate bits in the same 2 byte section, so you need a facility to AND bits out and OR bits in, otherwise you'd be switch all of the lights all of the time. I've no idea if whatever it is you are using supports such facilities.

Is there no support place for the program or hardware you are using for this, or a manual or something telling you more about it?

Regards

Pete