The simFlight Network Forums

Motorized Throttle

are there FSUIPC codes which run Engine 1 and 2 throttle levers via Servos when A/T is engaged?

No, because there are no standard ways to do this. You'll need a driver for your servos, obviously, and you'd drive those whilst reading the throttle values from the normal FSUIPC throttle offsets, switching this action depending on the AutoThrottle setting.

If the throttle inputs are via axis controls to FS your driver will need to set the flags in FSUIPC to disconnect them in A/T modes, but if you are writing direct to the throttle offsets then you need to use the added switchable offsets, as documented, not the direct FS ones, as otherwise the flag to disconnect them won't work.

My 737 cockpit has motorised trim wheels either side of the quadrant, and the PFC driver drives those in all A/P vertical control modes by reading the elevator trim offset, which is used by the FS and PM A/Ps extensively.

Regards

Pete

My plan was to use the Simkits Multicontroller to drive the servo motors. I ask at Simkits if there is a function to do so and they replied:

"At the moment it is not available unfortunally.

If you have the original FSUIPC code for this signal I can ask our

programmers to add the possibility for the multi controller to the next

release."

Best regards

Evilex

My plan was to use the Simkits Multicontroller to drive the servo motors. I ask at Simkits if there is a function to do so and they replied:

"At the moment it is not available unfortunally.

If you have the original FSUIPC code for this signal I can ask our

programmers to add the possibility for the multi controller to the next

release."

I really have no idea what they mean by the "original FSUIPC code for this signal". What signal? The throttle setting is a number.

To take a similar exampler, my motorised trim wheels are implemented in the hardware/firmware with a facility to say "go to position x". All I have to do in my driver for that is map the FS trim value to the range of firmware values equating to the trim indicator movement next to the trim wheels.

For motorised throttles there must be a way of telling the levers where to go. You need the driver for the throttles to map the FS range to the servo range. Simkits seem to be talking about some electrical signal? Uh? Surely their firmware will be controlling the electric signals, and their driver talks to their firmware over tthe USB link.

Regards

Pete