The simFlight Network Forums

Searching for Control Assignments

Is there a way to find FS control assignments that correlate to mouse clicks of various knobs and buttons? For example, in the Feelthere Airbus series, I want to use buttons to increase/decrease the altitude knob. I have tried all the Ap possibilities and every other FS control that has anything to do with altitude, but nothing works. I did manage to control the heading and speed with standard FS controls, but there are several panel buttons and knobs I can't get assignments for.

Is this something I can see via LOGGING? I know that when I mouse click a knob, that has to translate into some number that has to translate to a control.

I've been looking into the Mouse2Key program, which appears to be able to do what I want, but I really don't want to load another addon to bog down the system any further.

Jim M

Is there a way to find FS control assignments that correlate to mouse clicks of various knobs and buttons? For example, in the Feelthere Airbus series, I want to use buttons to increase/decrease the altitude knob. I have tried all the Ap possibilities and every other FS control that has anything to do with altitude, but nothing works. I did manage to control the heading and speed with standard FS controls, but there are several panel buttons and knobs I can't get assignments for.

I don't know if the FeelThere Airbus uses standard FS controls or not. Is there no documentation or help files with it to tell you?

Try using one of the default aircraft first. The default autopilot does have FS controls for incrementing and decrementing the target altitude, which you can assign in FS or in FSUIPC. Whether they work with other add-on panels depends entirely upon the implementation of those panels. It is perfectly possible (and not uncommon, unfortunately) for panel designers to support mouse operations on switches without providing any assignable control or keyboard short-cut.

If this turns out to be the case with your FeelThere panel I can only suggest using something like Luciano Napolitano's "Key2Mouse" which converts key presses to mouse clicks. Then at least you can program the keypress to your button.

Is this something I can see via LOGGING? I know that when I mouse click a knob, that has to translate into some number that has to translate to a control.

Well, yes, for FS controls. But add-on panels don't have to use those. Check by enabling the Event logging in FSUIPC (one of the check boxes on the left-hand part of the Logging options tab).

Regards

Pete

No, that's the problem, Pete. They use some standard controls, but not all. As you probably know, Airbus has several push/pull knobs which controls flybywire or managed flight. Feelthere uses left/right mouse clicks to input the controls. But, some functions work via AP controls, such as LOC HOLD & APPR HOLD, but others don't.

I have the demo version of Key2Mouse and it appears I can make it do what I need, then let FSUIP translate the KEY entries to BUTTONS. I just have a concern that it will effect FPS.

Thanks for the answer.

Jim M