The simFlight Network Forums

Question about FSUIPC and AI Traffic Please! im confused!

Ok i have installed alot of traffic, and it seems that sometimes FS9 loads ALOTTTTTTT of AI Aircraft obviosly my FPS drops, so here is my question in FSUIPC in the miscellanious options the Limit TCAS range thing fixes that in some way????? or something.... im testing it cuz i just got tired of that annoying thing loading ai aircraft like hell, so i set the number to 90? i read somewhere else that 10 its recommended? any suggestions please? maybe something that can fixxx that bug a little bit, maybe an auto refresh AI module or program every X minutes??? thanks in advanced guys

Ok i have installed alot of traffic, and it seems that sometimes FS9 loads ALOTTTTTTT of AI Aircraft obviosly my FPS drops, so here is my question in FSUIPC in the miscellanious options the Limit TCAS range thing fixes that in some way?

No, nothing like that at all. FSUIPC has no effect on traffic whatsoever. "TCAS" is a Traffic Collision Avoidance System, instrumentation which shows where traffic is in relation to your aircraft so that collisions can be avoided. The TCAS range is merely the distance beyond which such traffic won't be picked up.

Such instrumentation doesn't destroy traffic. that would be nonsense. If you want less traffic go to FS's Options and move the traffic slider leftwards!

Of course, this begs the question as to why on Earth you've added such a lot of traffic if you don't want it. Why not just remove it again?

Regards

Pete

ok the reason is because i like it, i was just wondering if there was a fix for the amount of AI traffic FS9 loads, but it seems not, so thanks for your help PETE. oh and i wasnt looking for a traffic destroyer. ciao

No, nothing like that at all. FSUIPC has no effect on traffic whatsoever. "TCAS" is a Traffic Collision Avoidance System, instrumentation which shows where traffic is in relation to your aircraft so that collisions can be avoided. The TCAS range is merely the distance beyond which such traffic won't be picked up.

Such instrumentation doesn't destroy traffic. that would be nonsense. If you want less traffic go to FS's Options and move the traffic slider leftwards!

ok the reason is because i like it, i was just wondering if there was a fix for the amount of AI traffic FS9 loads, but it seems not

Oh, but there IS -- it is the slider in the Options menu, the one which controls how much AI traffic you want FS to load. That is exactly what it is for.

The other way to avoid lots of traffic (apart from uninstalling some, which is presumably too obvious?) is to fly in areas where there isn't very much in any case.

Regards

Pete

nop you just dont understand me im not talking about the % of AI im talking about thw way FS9 loads traffic it loads way too muchhhh, extremely. its like when you're flying and you have problably more than 100 AI aircraft around you, you know what i mean now??? thats a bug of FS im looking for a fix to that, if there is one!! of course, got me now PETE??? thanks again for your help.

nop you just dont understand me im not talking about the % of AI im talking about thw way FS9 loads traffic it loads way too muchhhh, extremely. its like when you're flying and you have problably more than 100 AI aircraft around you, you know what i mean now??? thats a bug of FS im looking for a fix to that, if there is one!! of course, got me now PETE??? thanks again for your help.

You are misunderstanding something quite fundamental, I'm afraid. There is no bug! FS will only load 100 AI aircraft if that's how many are scheduled to be flying at that time according to the AI Traffic files you've installed! There is no bug, it is what you are asking FS to do by installing so much AI and not bothering to control the numbers using the slider.

If you move the AI slider to the left you will get less AI traffic loaded. That is what it is for! Please do read what I am saying!

Regards

Pete

ok ill try that, read this, right now i was at KMIA, so why do i see in the traffic toolbox explorer window a flight with a flightplan from klax to new york, if thats not the flight route? not over KMIA!!! so that happens alot, with other aircraft, i went to ZBAA with the slide at 100% i have 80 aircraft on ground. with 50% i was having 60, and thats not really what i want, do you understand now what i mean? so there must be a BUG! or a problem inside FS9 traffic system. and thats what im talking about. ???????

ok ill try that, read this, right now i was at KMIA, so why do i see in the traffic toolbox explorer window a flight with a flightplan from klax to new york, if thats not the flight route? not over KMIA!

I don't know how it is routed, but if it comes within a certain range of your positon (I don't know what that range is, but it is at least 80 nm) then it will be generated in flight and maintained. Whilst you were there didn't you bother to check how far away it was? And where were you before, when it was presumably generated?

!! so that happens alot, with other aircraft, i went to ZBAA with the slide at 100% i have 80 aircraft on ground. with 50% i was having 60, and thats not really what i want

So what do you want? 80 at 100% and 40 at 50%? I don't think the slider ever works linearly unless the AI packages you've added are designed that way. Each flight embedded in the traffic files you add contains a parameter telling it at what percentage value to appear, so different add-ons can skew the effect of the slider in different ways. Maybe you just made a poor choice (for you) of what you added.

Anyway, why not just reduce it a bit more to get your 40?

so there must be a BUG! or a problem inside FS9 traffic system. and thats what im talking about. ???????

Why must there be a bug? It is all behaving as it was designed to do, and did in FS2002 (as well as in FSX for that matter). You get out of it what you put into it. You put the extra traffic in, so that's what you get out. Why did you bother adding traffic if you don't like it? It makes no sense. And calling it a bug when it is only doing what you ask doesn't make any sense at all.

Regards

Pete

ok PETE thanks for your help its obvious that you dont understand

Well, from here it seems it is you who doesn't understand, but never mind. You want lots of AI but you don't want lots of AI. That sums it up I think, from all you've been saying. Sorry I couln't help and that I certainly couldn't agree with you about a bug in FS.

Regards

Pete